Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is the evo hype gone?

I look at it as the Evo doesn't have many issues for people to complain about, thus it SEEMS like the hype died down because it just IS WHAT IT IS...A solid bird with an outstanding camera at a decent price point, backed by a company who has proven to provide excellent customer service when compared to the "Evil Empire". I think more or less people are now in stand by mode, waiting for Autel to improve upon the Evo. We all just hit the PAUSE button on the RC. LOL!

A good way to stoke up the hype is by adding some killer new feature in a firmware update. To be fair, Autel have been improving the product - and I understand they are beefing up their social media presence. And I still think they should be offering a $100 discount to anyone who trades in an unloved or broken DJI drone.

There is also scope for some cash prizes for Best EVO Video and Best EVO Photograph of the year.

In fact, there's a lot of promotional stuff they could do.

Reactions: bob_erqs and Ansia
I think the HYPE of all drones is dying down. Some interest is being lost in the Hobby Drone industry.

It has been so quiet since the CES 2019. Got to wonder though what Autel and DJI are working on?

Reactions: Ansia
I think the HYPE of all drones is dying down. Some interest is being lost in the Hobby Drone industry.

It has been so quiet since the CES 2019. Got to wonder though what Autel and DJI are working on?
I went ti pick up my On The Go package for my Evo at Best Buy and a lady started asking ne questions.

She ended up saying "yeah, soon you won't be able to fly it, with all the regulations and all that".

It gave me the pleasure of replying "Well I am part 107 certified pilot, my birds are all registered with the FAA" I was able to fly in Ocean Park (A NFZ beach, near the main airport) with authorization directly from the FAA. I think I am 100% covered and will continue to fly."

Needless to say, she got really upset and left.

I went ti pick up my On The Go package for my Evo at Best Buy and a lady started asking ne questions.

She ended up saying "yeah, soon you won't be able to fly it, with all the regulations and all that".

It gave me the pleasure of replying "Well I am part 107 certified pilot, my birds are all registered with the FAA" I was able to fly in Ocean Park (A NFZ beach, near the main airport) with authorization directly from the FAA. I think I am 100% covered and will continue to fly."

I wonder what she meant by SOON?

Obviously another LIBERAL, who is clueless about things they don't understand.

Did you tell her to Have A Good Day? That really gets them upset and she would have probably had to go home on sick leave! LOL!

KEEP EM FLYING!

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska

Did you tell her to Have A Good Day? That really gets them upset and she would have probably had to go home on sick leave! LOL!

KEEP EM FLYING!
I guess she ment the Oct 5, 2018 revision of the law. I did. I am an A.. hole and I always say things with a smile and camly. I had a girlfriend who taught me that you can say anything to anyone as long as you are calm and have a smile. She lied... it pisses people more.

Reactions: bob_erqs
You and me can share the same boat! I am NOT PC at all and I enjoy educating IDIOTS who know nothing!

I sent a thank you to Autel when they fixed my controller and a link to the double rainbow i filmed. I asked them if it was possible to get the gimbal to look\move up? This way the shot should have been better if I was able to get the entire ring in the shot. They replied stating that they will forward the request to development, hopefully we might see that option soon.

I too got the Best Buy package...TWO extra batteries...extra props...all i need is NYC weather to warm a bit..we have..COLD WIND...Rain...i need to fly...all dressed up and no place to go...Come on...Can't wait till spring..give me a warm day ,no wind..Can't wait..it will be my FIRST flight...i have a MP and i want to give the EVO a ride..whoopeee !

I think the hype died down once people realised the 1" sensor Evo wasnt happening, then DJI turned around and released one (albeit for $1500USD). I suspect they may revise and release a new model with the 1" sensor to take on DJI at a lower price (perhaps $1300-1400 or so?)

Reactions: bob_erqs
I think the hype died down once people realised the 1" sensor Evo wasnt happening, then DJI turned around and released one (albeit for $1500USD). I suspect they may revise and release a new model with the 1" sensor to take on DJI at a lower price (perhaps $1300-1400 or so?)
It is my opinion that the hype will return, as more and more get frustrated with Geofencing and DJI screwing them. This is the main reason I looked into another drone.

It is my opinion that the hype will return, as more and more get frustrated with Geofencing and DJI screwing them. This is the main reason I looked into another drone.
Well if you flick thru the manual that could also come to the Evo.

If you flick thru to pages 45-46

https://3yn7uf15sq4l1ivh8t2tfir5-wp...t/uploads/2016/09/EVO-User-Manual-English.pdf

Flight restrictions are enforced only within countries which require manufacturer restrictions by law. As of this writing, China is the only nation that requires manufacturers to impose flight restrictions.

Laws change all the time. Trump/FAA could turn around tomorrow and impose this as a requirement in which Autel would have to comply. The framework is already in place given what I can see in the manual.

Reactions: YuKay
Well if you flick thru the manual that could also come to the Evo.

If you flick thru to pages 45-46

https://3yn7uf15sq4l1ivh8t2tfir5-wp...t/uploads/2016/09/EVO-User-Manual-English.pdf

Flight restrictions are enforced only within countries which require manufacturer restrictions by law. As of this writing, China is the only nation that requires manufacturers to impose flight restrictions.

Laws change all the time. Trump/FAA could turn around tomorrow and impose this as a requirement in which Autel would have to comply. The framework is already in place given what I can see in the manual.
Perhaps, but until today, with the Evo, you get a notification when you are flying in a NFZ. Autel says that they trust their pilots to do the right thing and to asume responsibilit if they break the law. Perhaps it's a way to save money and not have to invest resources into this, but I don't work for them, I can only speculate about this.

Flight restrictions are enforced only within countries which require manufacturer restrictions by law. As of this writing, China is the only nation that requires manufacturers to impose flight restrictions."
Built-in geo-fencing is definitely coming and Autel will have to comply with the law in whichever countries they want to sell drones. We have hopefully got a couple more years' grace while governments compile their NFZ maps and finalise their geo-fencing ecosystem; but the EU has stated it will be ready to activate in 2019 and the UK government is busy compiling data, according to its drone report last month:

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 08.36.44.png

Those of us who thought we might be able to continue flying without hindrance from Big Brother are sure to be disappointed. The only way to hide may be to build your own drone - but if caught, there are likely to be heavy penalties.

Built-in NFZs are inevitable and I'm in the minority that will welcome them.

KEEP EM FLYING!

You should have told her "Bless your heart". CTFU

Built-in geo-fencing is definitely coming and Autel will have to comply with the law in whichever countries they want to sell drones. We have hopefully got a couple more years' grace while governments compile their NFZ maps and finalise their geo-fencing ecosystem; but the EU has stated it will be ready to activate in 2019 and the UK government is busy compiling data, according to its drone report last month:

View attachment 3460

Those of us who thought we might be able to continue flying without hindrance from Big Brother are sure to be disappointed. The only way to hide may be to build your own drone - but if caught, there are likely to be heavy penalties.

I am up for NFZ. The way I see it, they are necessary to prevent stupid people from flying in places that are hazardous. What I disagree, is the fact that after I get the proper authorizations from the government agencies, I also have to ask authorization from a private company. From past experiences, if you get an inept employee who doesn't do the authorization process in time, then you are stuck with a grounded bird and an angry customer. I refuse to go through this again.

Reactions: Madhungarian

View attachment 3460

The information will be out soon on which update does this and it will be noted not to use this update. :) You cannot have NFZ installed on the autel controller its all stored on the phone. This is what I believe. Have a great day.

The information will be out soon on which update does this and it will be noted not to use this update. :) You cannot have NFZ installed on the autel controller its all stored on the phone. This is what I believe. Have a great day.
On DJI drones, the NFZ info is stored inside the drone itself. So even if you use an old app on your mobile device, it will not take off. I can see this happening with the EVO as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo