Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it possible to turn the camera horizontally?

clemente21

Reaction score
I have an Evo 1 and just did its maiden flight. Awesome drone. I tried to take images to the sides of the drone while in flight. But the only way I found it possible was to turn the drone itself left or right. Doing this not only changed the direction it was flying but also when reviewing the video it made me a bit dizzy as I turned a bit too fast. I don't see a way to turn the camera to the sides as it does up and down. If anyone knows I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

I have an Evo 1 and just did its maiden flight. Awesome drone. I tried to take images to the sides of the drone while in flight. But the only way I found it possible was to turn the drone itself left or right. Doing this not only changed the direction it was flying but also when reviewing the video it made me a bit dizzy as I turned a bit too fast. I don't see a way to turn the camera to the sides as it does up and down. If anyone knows I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!
First of no. You can slow down the turn rate in the settings.

No, the camera cannot rotate horizontally. To my knowledge, there is only the Inspire series, typhoons H, and other larger devices that can rotate the camera 360 °.
But with a little practice, it's easy to fly crabbing and point the camera where you want.

I know the Mavic 2s can turn their camera to the left and right.

I honestly think the EVO 1 can do it with a software upgrade. I mean, look at when you calibrate the gimbal. It goes in several directions. Horizontally turns the left and right. It also points up higher as well.

The evo like the Mavic turns its camera but only to compensate for turns around 20 ° / 30 ° but nothing more.
I'm talking about the real 360 ° camera rotation. I have it on the H520 and I can say that it's great, you go in one direction with the camera completely free, at any angle, 90, 180 ° etc.
Even a panning in slow rotation during a trip, no need to calculate the angle of the drone, you follow the trajectory and the camera does the rest.
But the Evo, even with a firmware update, will not be able to film at 90) or 180 °. What will she film? , the fuselage chassis.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy