Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is iOS app caught up with the Android version yet

mjbok

Reaction score
I broke down and bought the Thor tablet mount and it will be here by the weekend. Since I'm changing devices anyway I figured it might be time to switch to an iPad over an Android. I know that the iOS app has always lagged behind, but now would be as good a time as any to make the jump over.

My question am I better off to stick in the android world or is the apple app done now? Note: this isn't an Android vs. Apple argument as I use dedicated tablets/phones for my drones and those devices only get used with the drones.

I think the only thing missing from the iOS is VR otherwise for all practical purposes it's all there. I ended up getting a Droid tablet because I wanted HDMI out for goggles as I don't love the VR glasses available and I do like the fact that I can see the exact tablet display in the HDMI feed, so I haven't used my iPhone or iPad with the EVO since the very first month i got the EVO.

I think the only thing missing from the iOS is VR otherwise for all practical purposes it's all there. I ended up getting a Droid tablet because I wanted HDMI out for goggles as I don't love the VR glasses available and I do like the fact that I can see the exact tablet display in the HDMI feed, so I haven't used my iPhone or iPad with the EVO since the very first month i got the EVO.

What tablet did you get that has HDMI out?

I got a pre owned Nvidia Shield, I don't think they make it anymore. Was a little beat up but I got it cheap and it works perfect, not too big not to small and good enough display. I'm very pleased, plus I can use my yuneec skyview goggles which you can get very very cheap now days, I thought I was getting a deal when a couple of months later they are 50% LESS!!! than what I paid which was 50% less than original price. (yes new)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen