Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iOS app

Black Dog Drone Ops

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well, my spanking new Evo arrives on Wednesday! Huzzah! I have been planning on using my iPad mini for the control screen and in another post I asked about the fitting on the controller. What I was taking for granted was the iOS app. I see that it's not available in the app store and that it's still in beta? This has me a little concerned about stability and reliability.

Is anyone using it on an iOS device and if so, what kind of experience are you having? Is it stable? All features working? Total crap?

Thanks for your input!

Hey everyone,

Well, my spanking new Evo arrives on Wednesday! Huzzah! I have been planning on using my iPad mini for the control screen and in another post I asked about the fitting on the controller. What I was taking for granted was the iOS app. I see that it's not available in the app store and that it's still in beta? This has me a little concerned about stability and reliability.

Is anyone using it on an iOS device and if so, what kind of experience are you having? Is it stable? All features working? Total crap?

Thanks for your input!
Don't sweat it, the Beta works fine, stable and just not all features are available, however after installing latest app I haven't flown with it. Don't worry, give support your apple account email and ACs serial number they will send you an invite to "test Flite" an app that works like the App Store for beta apps. enter the code that is provided to you and d/l and install the app. If there are any updates before Apple gets off their behinds and approves the app, Test Flite will advise you.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
My Evo will arrrive today. I am not opening it until the iOS app is launched. I was told within 2 weeks by Autel support, if there is no app in 2 weeks, the Evo goes back and I will order a MP II.
I got mine today too and was going to do the same thing but Autel sent me the link to the beta (great, prompt customer service btw) and I am charging the battery now. After a little test flight tonight I will decide for sure about keeping it but I will say this - I am wholly impressed with the packaging, build quality and overall attention to detail that went into this Evo. Sitting next to my MP, it makes the Mp look so old and dated, even though it is like new condition too. And maybe a minor thing for others but the controller fits my hands much better too. I hove sort of big hands and the MP controller always seemed a little cramped for me and the sticks a little awkward to reach/control. The feel of this controller is much better for me personally. I compared them side by side and the sticks are a wee bit further apart on the Evo controller and the bigger, round handles are a much more natural fit than the squared off MP handles. Very curious to try the controller screen too!
If it flies and photographs as well as I'm thinking, this will be a keeper.

Reactions: mixchief
I had a MP that I sold it when the MP II was supposed to be announced. I figured it would be the last time it was worth anything.

I liked the way it flew, hated the camera.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
I got mine today too and was going to do the same thing but Autel sent me the link to the beta (great, prompt customer service btw) and I am charging the battery now. After a little test flight tonight I will decide for sure about keeping it but I will say this - I am wholly impressed with the packaging, build quality and overall attention to detail that went into this Evo. Sitting next to my MP, it makes the Mp look so old and dated, even though it is like new condition too. And maybe a minor thing for others but the controller fits my hands much better too. I hove sort of big hands and the MP controller always seemed a little cramped for me and the sticks a little awkward to reach/control. The feel of this controller is much better for me personally. I compared them side by side and the sticks are a wee bit further apart on the Evo controller and the bigger, round handles are a much more natural fit than the squared off MP handles. Very curious to try the controller screen too!
If it flies and photographs as well as I'm thinking, this will be a keeper.
can't wait to read your opinion!

My Evo will arrrive today. I am not opening it until the iOS app is launched. I was told within 2 weeks by Autel support, if there is no app in 2 weeks, the Evo goes back and I will order a MP II.
you do im sure realize the mp2 is gonna have issues too

you do im sure realize the mp2 is gonna have issues too

Teething pains are inevitable, and you'd like to think that DJI is immune, but ............ we know better. Re: the app. I'm lucky that I had already decided to get an android tablet with a HDMI out so I can use my Yuneec goggles, so I'm firing on all cylinders, but I am still using the iPhone just for fun. If I find that the android covers all bases it will become my only tablet for both the Autel and DJI platforms. DJI GO still has issues with iOS too, so not having that device is not a great loss DJI wise, at least Autel is taking their time before they do an official release unlike DJI that releases everything way before their time and takes them 2 years to get it somewhat right ...... somewhat. After close to 2 years they have the Inspire 2 delivering "most" of what was promised upon release, but still has a lot of issues with the app and even newest firmware update.

Last edited:
Reactions: barfly
I had a MP(I), so yes. But I bet they don’t launch it without a fully functioning iOS app.
Re think "fully functional", I still am getting motor overload messages, and bunches of errors, Go and Go 4 updates are seldom without MAJOR issues, issues that sometimes render the crafts useless so "fully functional" is a misnomer.

Reactions: barfly
Re think "fully functional", I still am getting motor overload messages, and bunches of errors, Go and Go 4 updates are seldom without MAJOR issues, issues that sometimes render the crafts useless so "fully functional" is a misnomer.
your lucky having so few issues:Dim tired of spending 5 minutes ''priming'' the mavic and wasting 5 minutes of good flight time on errors,notices and nfz popup crap

My Mavic has never had issues with the app. My buddy also has one that has never had issues.

The Mavic camera is pretty bad, however.

My concern is that It takes Autel 6 months to get a non-beta iOS version.

I was told “within a week or two”, I’ll give them two weeks.

I'm thinking about just getting an Android phone and dedicating that for my controller. I was flying with my iPhone yesterday and honestly, with the screen in the controller it wasn't that bad. I don't really think I need the size of an iPad or iPad mini if I can find a decent, not-too-expensive Android device. Someone told me about the LG Style 3 being a good choice and with the stylus being able to plot waypoint missions easier too so I'm looking at those. I think it has something like a 5.7" screen which should be plenty good.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking about just getting an Android phone and dedicating that for my controller. I was flying with my iPhone yesterday and honestly, with the screen in the controller it wasn't that bad. I don't really think I need the size of an iPad or iPad mini if I can find a decent, not-too-expensive Android device. Someone told me about the LG Style 3 being a good choice and with the stylus being able to plot waypoint missions easier too so I'm looking at those. I think it has something like a 5.7" screen which should be plenty good.

Thoughts?
it all comes down to how good are your eyes as far as using a smaller screen
I do know the Evo tends to work better on lower end devices vs.the power hungry Mavics do so thats a big plus.

Reactions: mixchief
For plotting out waypoint missions I just use Teamviewer on my computer to connect to my phone or tablet. Nothing like having a large screen TV monitor to drop a waypoint :)

never thought of using tviewer,ill have to check it out
thx

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51