Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Installed the firmware from the smart controller to the native remote control. Is not downloading!!!

belui

Reaction score
Hello pilots.
Yesterday, by mistake, I downloaded an update from the site for version Evo 2 with a smart controller and updated the drone with it ...

photo_2021-09-30_11-17-08.jpg

Now the remote control refuses to load and the logo hangs constantly. If you try to turn it off, it turns on itself again.

photo_2021-09-30_11-32-30.jpg

Tell me what to do now and how to revive the remote control?

im not even sure why autel would allow you to inadvertently download and update with incompatible software

For the same reason they issue three different builds of the same firmware version number 🤦‍♂️

Considering how dominate Autel are in the world of automotive software, it simply beggars belief what they do with their software in the world of drones. They're worse than amateurs.

Reactions: G_G
Hello pilots.
Yesterday, by mistake, I downloaded an update from the site for version Evo 2 with a smart controller and updated the drone with it ...

View attachment 11756

Now the remote control refuses to load and the logo hangs constantly. If you try to turn it off, it turns on itself again.

View attachment 11757

Tell me what to do now and how to revive the remote control?
I am having the same issue with my remote control but I did not use the wrong firmware but with the same result after the requested reboot. Where you able to somehow solve this?

Добрый день!

Я снова рассказал о своем несчастье, по ошибке скачал с сайта обновление для версии Evo 2 с умным контроллером и обновил с ним дрон...

Контроллер перестал работать.... Поддержка предполагает прошить дрон через SD-карту, контроллер не взаимодействует с дроном, поэтому я не вижу в этом никакого смысла. Что делать? Спасибо!
Good day!
I again talked about my misfortune, mistakenly downloaded an update for the Evo 2 version with a smart controller from the site and updated the drone with it ...
The controller stopped working .... The support involves flashing the drone via an SD card, the controller does not interact with the drone, so I don't see any point in that. What to do? Thanks!

Hi juryz,
After translating your post I understand you have or had the same issue with the remote controler. I used the correct firmware but after the requested reboot the Remote control did not work anymore. did you allready got the remote control working again?

Привет juryz,
После перевода вашего сообщения я понимаю, что у вас возникла или была такая же проблема с удаленным контроллером. Я использовал правильную прошивку, но после запрошенной перезагрузки пульт дистанционного управления больше не работал. у вас все уже есть пульт дистанционного управления снова работает?

I tried to do that but because of the fact that the controller does not start up anymore it is also not connecting to the drone. there must be a connection between the controller and the drone for anything to happen.
the issue is also that I used the correct v2.7.25 for the update, so I don't understand what went wrong
in the picture you can see the status of the remote. I can't even shut it down anymore

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I tried it again and the drone is now updating the second battery but because of the fact I can't see anything on the remote it is also impossible to determin when the drone has finished the update......... very tricky business i must say.

There is a known issue with the boot loader on some standard RCs that cause them to brick when installing the lastest fw. There is no work around and it must be sent to Autel and repaired or replaced under warranty. Give their support a call.

Yup, for customers from Europe it's ~3 months + cost of shipping back and forth + custom duty.
Why can't they publish/make software to flash controller via USB port from PC or even Android/iOS device? Why can't they publish batch file to flash it with STLinkV2?
Even DJI left a path for their customers to flash controlers like GL300 through UART (soldering 3 cabels to PCB and short on two pins for boot mode) and didn't delete batch files from sourceforge or instructions how to do it that is easy to find in web.
I would buy SmartcontrollerV2 but it's just <Autel Maxidas tablet> with limited Android connected via "USB" inside fancy case to the same PCB for 5x more money.
There is no chance to buy EF7-2 (v2) controller in Europe.
Waypoints missions are useless with this sh**y stops on each waypoint, mapping same areas compared to phantom (even if it fly 20m lower) takes much longer because of stops on each line end, no support in EU, i've got my drone grounded for few monts and loosing my clients because of wrong bootloader version and many more disadventages leads me to only one conclusion: don't waste your time, buy DJI.

Hang on guys, good luck with your controller repair / replacement. Fly safe :)

autelrcbrick.jpg
IMG_20211228_234258.jpg

Reactions: PingSpike
@elistechnology I feel your pain. However with my P4P's I have run into evil-geo that wasn't even on their map! We are between a rock and a hard place (figure of speech).

I have a v.2 SC and a standard controller. I'm about to find out if the standard controller bricks....or not. Fingers crossed. But I do live in Washington so a replacement is not near as painful as it is for you. Sorry brother.

the problem is that I used the correct software to update the remote control, I think it is very tricky to update the remote to the last software version. I have a version 1 remote and as I understand the V2 remote can't work with V1 drone.
I am in contact with Autel about this issue and after reading your answers for me it is clear that repairing the remote is not the easiest way to solve this problem. As I understand there is a servicepoint in Germany for Europe so this is hopeful for a possible replacement. I wil let you guys know how this is going to work out.
Be careful though, updating is very tricky because I used absolutely the correct firmware

I have a v.2 SC and a standard controller. I'm about to find out if the standard controller bricks....or not. Fingers crossed. But I do live in Washington so a replacement is not near as painful as it is for you. Sorry brother.
Updated to fw v.2.1.77 first using the SC and the specific package for it. Then the package for the standard RC. Both updated successfully.

I don't know what firmware was on the remote. because there were no restrictions on the site, I assumed that updating was possible. In hindsight maybe a stupid assumption but what is done is done.
for your information I am on hold on the chat with the support team for over one hour. Seems I am talking to Melvin...... the robot.

Last edited:
Reactions: elistechnology
Maybe it was this sad robot Marvin from Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We need to pray that Autel service in Germany have parts and knowledge to repair our controllers.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
V2, going to install EVO II V2: V2.1.31 Jul-11-2021 firmware and if it will fly sell that ... drone ASAP. :)
EVO II PRO RTK V2 rugged bundle + 5 batts (7 in total) + charging hub + 3 car chargers + second standard controller for spare parts.

For me it is very clear that it is impossible to use a V2 remote control with a V1 drone. I am still talking to the Autel support team and I am waiting for the moment that I can send the remote for repair it Germany. If I would decide to buy a new remote it has to be a V1.

Theres plenty of new V1 standard controllers in Europe shops in stock, in Poland they sell it for ~400$ so it shouldn't be a problem to buy one, when you get tired with support. :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel