Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Im second guessing my purchase. User error or lemon?

Mowerman1

Reaction score
Like many of you, I’ve enjoyed drones for several years. Previous to that, i’ve been in the rc hobby since Jammin Jay Halsey won his first ROAR Nationals championship. Ive built and operated planes, trains, and automobiles.

After some research, and lack of patience to hold out for the Evo ll, four weeks ago I purchased the rugged bundle thru a big box store as well as their 3 year protection plan that covers “drops, spills, cracks, screen failure, lens failure, and battery failure”.

When I first got the Evo, I was impressed with how quickly I was able to get in the air. Over my first 10 flites, my confidence in it’s flite range grew, and I became less concerned about a fly away, and really just enjoyed taking in the views.

About a week ago, I took the Evo to work so I could map out my property. Explorer app was perfect, and everything operated as designed.

Three days ago, I realized my camera is lagging before I takeoff. I stopped the motors, then restarted the motors and camera on controller returns. I get in the air for some time and land.

Some point later that day, I try to take off, and cant. Magnetic Interference is displayed, as well as another message, that I cant remember. Also sd card wasn't recognizing.

After speaking with Autel customer service, I am told a case would be created, to fill out questionnaire, and they would research options to fix. I did call back with another question, and was educated to perform a manual firmware update.

I’m patiently waiting for a response from Autel. Has anyone else experienced something similar? What are your thoughts?

Yes, tried to take off at locations I’ve had no issues with before, like my neighborhood and my shop.

Screen is blank (on controller and device). On the rare occasion picture is visible, constantly freezes or is locked up as if you took a picture.

Just to keep everyone updated. I’ve been in touch with Autel. They’ve provided me with shipping docs and my bird has shipped to Washington state.

Like many of you, I’ve enjoyed drones for several years. Previous to that, i’ve been in the rc hobby since Jammin Jay Halsey won his first ROAR Nationals championship. Ive built and operated planes, trains, and automobiles.

After some research, and lack of patience to hold out for the Evo ll, four weeks ago I purchased the rugged bundle thru a big box store as well as their 3 year protection plan that covers “drops, spills, cracks, screen failure, lens failure, and battery failure”.

When I first got the Evo, I was impressed with how quickly I was able to get in the air. Over my first 10 flites, my confidence in it’s flite range grew, and I became less concerned about a fly away, and really just enjoyed taking in the views.

About a week ago, I took the Evo to work so I could map out my property. Explorer app was perfect, and everything operated as designed.

Three days ago, I realized my camera is lagging before I takeoff. I stopped the motors, then restarted the motors and camera on controller returns. I get in the air for some time and land.

Some point later that day, I try to take off, and cant. Magnetic Interference is displayed, as well as another message, that I cant remember. Also sd card wasn't recognizing.

After speaking with Autel customer service, I am told a case would be created, to fill out questionnaire, and they would research options to fix. I did call back with another question, and was educated to perform a manual firmware update.

I’m patiently waiting for a response from Autel. Has anyone else experienced something similar? What are your thoughts?
It’s possible that your phone don’t have the processing power to handle the video feed but almost any should work nowadays

Lagging could be heat issues on mobile device and or bad sd card.

If it’s having problems writing due to corruption or slow memory it can cause these type of issues. since the entire pipes are tied together, slow writes will cause lag.

During the summer months your mobile device can hit thermal throttle very easy using this type of app. Try to keep it out of direct sunlight and let it cool down between flights.

the compass issue is more than likely due to take off location. Before you calibrate the compass please make sure to move to a different take off location and reboot.. Things like rebar in the ground or any other heavy metals can cause this error.

Make sure you are not booting or doing a compass calibration with a sports watch on. They can cause all kind of havoc. If you do a compass calibration, make sure to do it in an open field away for any external influences.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg