Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I want an Evo 2 Pro

Squerly

Reaction score
But with everything I've read about people having problems with them, I'm afraid to buy one. Can anyone alleviate my fears?

Love mine and have had no issues! Unfortunately the majority of what you hear are negatives.
We humans typically don't boast about all the positives. Go for it, I've owned many drones, and this is a good one.
Thank you for the info. Is the camera the main reason to go with the Pro instead of just the Evo 2? Or are there other significant reasons?

Haha! Congrats...which did you end up going with? For my purposes the camera on the Evo II is great - I didn't need the Pro since I'm not big into photography or editing (I keep things on "auto" and trust it'll turn out lol).

Reactions: Squerly
Haha! Congrats...which did you end up going with? For my purposes the camera on the Evo II is great - I didn't need the Pro since I'm not big into photography or editing (I keep things on "auto" and trust it'll turn out lol).
Yeah, I have no will power, lol. :)

I went with the Pro. Not because I know squat about photography, because I don't. But I was afraid that if I didn't go with the pro I might be sorry later on. I found one for $1,680, so I considered that to be a pretty fair price on it anyway.

fwiw;
before adding tablet, messing with many variables, fly just AC/RC in a small area, maybe 2 batteries worth, then add tablet.
in engineering it's the KISS principle.
hopefully she flies as well as mine and you have to keep wiping the grin off

Congrats on your purchase, Yee
Thank you for the info. Is the camera the main reason to go with the Pro instead of just the Evo 2? Or are there other significant reasons?

Congrats on your purchase, and yes the camera is the ONLY reason to go with the Pro. All of the EVO 2 models are identical except for the camera and even that you can swap out for the 8K or dual camera.

I am probably one of the more critical, if not the most critical Autel EVO II user on this forum and I can tell you the EVO II Pro is definitely worth it so far. If you have never flown a DJI drone or don't plan to fly the EVO II for professional paid work then I have no doubt that it will exceed your expectations.

My new Evo II Pro arrived yesterday, which was great because I wasn't expecting it until Monday. I have it all charged up, updated the firmware and I'm familiarizing myself with the buttons. Hope to get a first flight in today before the snow starts.

Reactions: DaveMH
But with everything I've read about people having problems with them, I'm afraid to buy one. Can anyone alleviate my fears?
I have had mine since June 2020. No issues that I hear people gripe about. Software issues seem to be the lead gripe. I wait at least 60 days to feel the public feedback response. I watch for fuselage fractures, I’ve also purchased another outer shell, top and bottom, very inexpensive and good to have, just in case of stress cracks or a crash. I believe that the majority of issues are within the software not hardware. Remember this is a new platform, new software which is being developed on the fly. Every mission I have sent the EVO PRO 2 on has been completed with flying colors. I’ve even had enough faith and confidence to send it 4 miles out over Lake Pontchartrain Here in Louisiana to watch the shrimp boats collect their bounty. AUTEL also welcomes ideas from the flying public. I have not one gripe or ill comments for this companies effort to build and improve on their flight platform or its software component. Happy flying!! Ed

Reactions: Mainey

I have had mine since June 2020. No issues that I hear people gripe about. Software issues seem to be the lead gripe. I wait at least 60 days to feel the public feedback response. I watch for fuselage fractures, I’ve also purchased another outer shell, top and bottom, very inexpensive and good to have, just in case of stress cracks or a crash. I believe that the majority of issues are within the software not hardware. Remember this is a new platform, new software which is being developed on the fly. Every mission I have sent the EVO PRO 2 on has been completed with flying colors. I’ve even had enough faith and confidence to send it 4 miles out over Lake Pontchartrain Here in Louisiana to watch the shrimp boats collect their bounty. AUTEL also welcomes ideas from the flying public. I have not one gripe or ill comments for this companies effort to build and improve on their flight platform or its software component. Happy flying!! Ed

I'm also watching and waiting for the best reason to spend the larger than the competitions $$$ on an Evo ll Pro
I understand the better camera gives unreal video :)
I want mine to take on a trip across Australia, via the deserts, to get some unreal visual video footage :)

The very negative posts here are stopping me spending my hard earned $.
As I'm now retired I can't really justify spending more then double the price of some other drones that make claims they have camera's that do fantastic video ??

I'm also watching and waiting for the best reason to spend the larger than the competitions $$$ on an Evo ll Pro
I understand the better camera gives unreal video :)
I want mine to take on a trip across Australia, via the deserts, to get some unreal visual video footage :)

The very negative posts here are stopping me spending my hard earned $.
As I'm now retired I can't really justify spending more then double the price of some other drones that make claims they have camera's that do fantastic video ??
As a casual hobbyist drone it really isn't the best choice. If staying away from the geo fenced brands then the Evo 1 might be a better choice. Lots of happy people with that one and according to my call to Autel they are continuing to support it. You can find them used on ebay for $600ish.

Reactions: Mainey
It's colder that a witches broom over here today but I had to at least take it out and work the controls a little. From the driveway I hovered about 15-20 feet up and all the while the phone app was beeping like crazy. I believe it was the avoidance software doing what it is supposed to do as I was in close proximity to a dozen obstacles.

I flew around until I turned blue, landed and headed for the house. So while it wasn't a spectacular flight, it was a successful one, and I consider that a win. Hope to get out again tomorrow but the snow may prohibit that, we'll see.

As a casual hobbyist drone it really isn't the best choice. If staying away from the geo fenced brands then the Evo 1 might be a better choice. Lots of happy people with that one and according to my call to Autel they are continuing to support it. You can find them used on ebay for $600ish.
I understand the sound logics behind the thought of pre-owned, but I will only get one chance of the trip through the desert, so I do want the 'best' video available, and if I have to pay the big prices charged here in Australia then I will just have to do it (unfortunately)

I'm drawn to the technical qualities of the evo ll pro, but tonight I seen what looks like the DJI Phantom 4 for about 600 us$
Surely even thought the technical numbers are very similar, they could not be the same clarity and quality video when just one 5th of the Evo ll Pro price??

Reactions: Eagle928

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso