Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I need a sun shade

MitchNC

Reaction score
Went to fly a friend's homestead.
When I got home the pictures were all garbage. Over exposed.

I couldn't tell at the time because my screen was so washed out.

There are many 'drone sunshades' available on Amazon.

Oh DUH! I didn't realize they slipped onto the ends of the phone. I thought they fit onto the controllers and had to be specific to that controller. :oops:

Went to fly a friend's homestead.
When I got home the pictures were all garbage. Over exposed.

I couldn't tell at the time because my screen was so washed out.
I have tried a lot of shades from expensive to cheap and made a few but for me the very best shade is this photographers hood that I made for the XSP. I use it all the time, with my eyes I cannot see the screen well enough to see what I want. It is a little claustrophobic when you first try it but I don't fly at all without it any more

Attachments

• #1.JPG
    #1.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 25
  • #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 28
  • #8.JPG
    #8.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 28
  • #9.JPG
    #9.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: WayneH
I have tried a lot of shades from expensive to cheap and made a few but for me the very best shade is this photographers hood that I made for the XSP. I use it all the time, with my eyes I cannot see the screen well enough to see what I want. It is a little claustrophobic when you first try it but I don't fly at all without it any more
Best goggles ever LOL

Oh DUH! I didn't realize they slipped onto the ends of the phone. I thought they fit onto the controllers and had to be specific to that controller. :oops:
They are more specific to the devise size than any remote, so make sure they fit whatever tablet or phone you are using. I have a NVIDIA Shield and a member here suggested and raved over the sun shade made specific for the RED monitor, don't remember the exact name. however even though the screen sizes should be the same, mine is just a little wider and it bugs me just a little LOL. otherwise it works pretty well for an I guess 7"" tablet. I also use goggles, that's why I got the shield, for the HDMI output, but I bet in the longrun the photographer's hood is both simpler and much lighter, not to mention wireless.

In addition to a sun shield, try using the Histogram, its made a huge difference in my shots !!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain