Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I just found the Evo's Underwater Brother

Ansia

Reaction score
I was reading into submarine drones and I found something that quickly reminded me of the Evo, so I decided to share it with you guys.

Geneinno-Titan.jpg

You can find more info about this drone in the following link.

I was reading into submarine drones and I found something that quickly reminded me of the Evo, so I decided to share it with you guys.

View attachment 4622

You can find more info about this drone in the following link.

Very nice, and yes it does favor the Evo

Reactions: Ansia
That’s pretty amazing. I can see many commercial uses. For personal use, I’m not as convinced unless you physically can’t get in the water yourself. It would have to make some noise, which carries a long way underwater. It could also easily scare creatures if it moves unnaturally too.

It’s a unique experience to go down and get close to fish/turtles yourself. Turtles will come to you if you’re non-threatening. I made this a few years ago with a hand-held camera, I didn’t use a pole. It’s magical, and the thing I miss the most about Hawaii...

Reactions: Ansia
They are no all that great for the price you pay for these things.

No....besides, if you really want to see folks swimming (or whatever) from the bottom up, while saving a few hundred, AND getting some beers, I suggest Davy Jones Locker Underwater Bar in Honolulu. It’s hard to find, in the lower level of a parking garage of one of the Waikiki Hotels. Small dark place, behind the bar is a huge window showing the deep end of the hotel’s pool. Not sure if it’s still there, it’s been 20 yrs. Fun place, most guests have NO CLUE the window is there, LOL.

Damn it’s gone. Another cherished cultural institution bites the dust!

I am interested in buying an underwater drone but what I don't like is that you have to use a long cable... I can't wait to see if in the future, underwater drones will go wirelessly.

I am interested in buying an underwater drone but what I don't like is that you have to use a long cable... I can't wait to see if in the future, underwater drones will go wirelessly.
Wireless broadcast doesn't work underwater. This is why submarines have to sail with their antennas poking over the water.

Wireless broadcast doesn't work underwater. This is why submarines have to sail with their antennas poking over the water.
What about a water drone with that kind of technology... Having a long antenna that can go outside.... Not sure how practical can be.

The only ones I've seen that are...semi, wireless have a floating receiver with a tether from the float to the ROV. So far, undwater harmonics just don't allow complete wireless connectivity. But I know there are companies working on it. Maybe one day?

The only ones I've seen that are...semi, wireless have a floating receiver with a tether from the float to the ROV. So far, undwater harmonics just don't allow complete wireless connectivity. But I know there are companies working on it. Maybe one day?
Maybe one day... I am pretty sure the tech will come one day.

Reactions: macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d