Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to pull videos off EVO onto Mac OS Mojave

Sounds like a driver problem for Apple. Windows computers load several drivers for com ports, serial ports and enumerate the Evo as an MTP and a Video Camera device when attached to the computer.

Some research on the part numbers I have done on my Evo indicate this USB port on the Evo is attached to a Cypress USB based board that is crammed with all the IC's/sensors that make up the Evo with Samsung memory.

I am not sure exactly what Cypress Embedded product I am pinging here ... EZ-USB, FX2 or what.

Here's a link to their line-up that I found:

https://www.cypress.com/products/universal-serial-bus-usb#tab3

I think compiling a driver would be possible. This line of products can be developed using Windows, Mac or Linux environments - using the respective software SDK's from Cypress -- for example.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

So if there are various SDK's -- I am sure the source to a driver may be obtainable? I see reference more towards Linux here, but Macintosh and Linux drivers have to be compiled usually -- so I see someone say use FX3 drivers here mentioning making for Linux :

https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-9416

So I find the FX3 SDK - and viola! There is an SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux...

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

View attachment 4085

The manuals can be found there too.

Maybe someone just needs to whip out their skills and offer up a driver based on CyUSB3.inf and CyUSB3.sys in the Windows environment ported to the Mac OS.
I don't understand (am not able to understand) your reply, but thanks for doing some quick and dirty investigative work into this. As a Mac user, and a newbie to the EVO, I am surprised about this lack of attention to things that should be straightforward. If my Canon DSLR suffered from the same issue, you can bet that Canon would address this....PRONTO! Yes, it is rather easy to pop out the micro card and put it into a reader/adapter, however those cards are fragile, and can easily be lost in the grass or blown away with a gust a wind. I would rather the cable solution worked, as diagrammed in the manual.

I asked Autel support about this same issue couple of months ago as I'm a Mac user, too. Below is a paste of the response I got:

"Thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately for some reason the way that Apple computers read the EVO is as a device, but doesn't recognize the fact that it has pictures or videos on the SD card for some reason. I do apologize about that. As a Mac user myself, I know the feeling all too well. I've asked my dev team to look into it, but they did tell me that they believe it has to do with how Apple computers read certain USB connections. For some reason that mode of transporting the media files only work on a PC. I do apologize about that! Do you have any other questions I might be able to help answer?"
World class customer support

I don't understand (am not able to understand) your reply, but thanks for doing some quick and dirty investigative work into this. As a Mac user, and a newbie to the EVO, I am surprised about this lack of attention to things that should be straightforward. If my Canon DSLR suffered from the same issue, you can bet that Canon would address this....PRONTO! Yes, it is rather easy to pop out the micro card and put it into a reader/adapter, however those cards are fragile, and can easily be lost in the grass or blown away with a gust a wind. I would rather the cable solution worked, as diagrammed in the manual.
You know, going from the camera to the computer be it a cannon Nikon or Sony for that matter is a snail pace proposition, I know for a fact the same case applies to the direct out from the DJI Magic 3 Cine, haven’t tried it from the classic I just got, but I find it way easier to just use the sd card, micros are not as fragile as it may seem, card caddies that are spring loaded I’ve found to be very reliable and safe so putting it out and in to the aircraft is pretty reliable, and the time you save using the sd card vs the wire connection is worth it.

Does anyone have experience of how to cable the EVO to a mac with USB and pull the videos off without pulling the micro card out? I turn on the drone and cable it in USB but no external drive shows up. I've tried plugging and unplugging and other USB ports but no joy.

Thanks for any help as getting that card out is not fun!
FWIW I transferred the contents of the internal flash drive to my android tablet and then onto my Mac as I couldn't get the Mac to see the flash drive. All worked fine.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t