Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to battery settings to map an area of 40Ha

Droneme802

Reaction score
Dear Friends
I want to ask about setting up the battery
I want to do a mapping with the Autel evo2 RTK 6K Drone covering an area of 40 hectares, but I have a problem with the battery running out quickly, (during strong winds), do you have any ways or tips for making flights with an area of 40 Ha with 1 battery. my settings are, Speed 18km/h, flying height 130m, front overlap 80% side 70%, thanks

Try to fly when the wind is at its minimum (remember the ground speed is normally smaller than that at your desired flight altitude).
I always try to set battery warning to 30%, sometime depending on various factors fly below that 20% being the lowest I ever flew I believe. Remember to have enough juice to return to your landing spot.
If possible (I do not know what you are planning to map) increase your speed a bit to gain some time. Flying at 130 m AGL with a bit higher speed should still yield good results. Same with overlap. Unless your object is e.g. a forest, corn at the late stage or other dense canopy vegetation.
What is your mapping target.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

Aren't there apps that allow you to change batteries then pick up where it left off?

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s

Aren't there apps that allow you to change batteries then pick up where it left off?
The Autel Explorer app already does that.

Drop by the pilot’s

I'm new to using drone technology to do aerial mapping, do you have any tips on how to save battery by mapping a 40Ha area (using only 1 battery at a height of 130m)

Try to fly when the wind is at its minimum (remember the ground speed is normally smaller than that at your desired flight altitude).
I always try to set battery warning to 30%, sometime depending on various factors fly below that 20% being the lowest I ever flew I believe. Remember to have enough juice to return to your landing spot.
If possible (I do not know what you are planning to map) increase your speed a bit to gain some time. Flying at 130 m AGL with a bit higher speed should still yield good results. Same with overlap. Unless your object is e.g. a forest, corn at the late stage or other dense canopy vegetation.
What is your mapping target.
I am doing mapping for urban, rural and paddy fields, are there any special tips for flying at an altitude of 130m to get a 40Ha area with 1 battery

I am doing mapping for urban, rural and paddy fields, are there any special tips for flying at an altitude of 130m to get a 40Ha area with 1 battery
As I said above.
Fly a bit faster, change your overlap to say 75/65 or even 70/65 and you should be good. Think carefully if you can fly up until 20% of the charge is left. Plan your mapping route so the drone starts its mission from the most remote end and closes to you while in mission.
Otherwise divide your mapping area into two blocks and fly them separately. Remember though to make the blocks overlap by two lines. Fly the missions same day and on same settings if possible and charge your battery in between the missions.
Good luck and share how it went.

I do not know where you are from but are you allowed to fly over people?

using only 1 battery
It is very difficult to do most jobs with only one battery. Mapping is low on my request list, but even for small commercial or residential real estate more than one battery is often needed. Otherwise, on-site recharging is the only option if you want to do the job right (IMHO)

Reactions: Pawel

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy