Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to abort automatically landing

I don't understand the point of the second warning setting then? what about the future where it will automatically return home if it calculates it doesn't have enough battery left to get back to the starting point?
That is exacly how it works. It gives you a first warning to return back with a nice buffer in case of headwind or any misc that may occurr. You cancel that and it will force RTH on you. If you encounter strong headwinds that prevent the Evo from returning home, it will autoland wherever it is. It's your fault as a pilot if this happens.

I have seen that most of the time RTH is miscalculated when the second warning goes on. If the machine algorithms really were working, RTH triggered by the second warning should be safe and landing proximity to the take off point acceptable. But is not. So if the wind force, the battery capacity, the weather temp and the distance traveled are not considered by the 2nd warning, what then it is its purpose? Automatic RTH works based on the telemetry calculated by the warning but if the warning is wrong, RTH fails. What Autel engineers are doing about?

Last edited:
Reactions: bladerunner
I have seen that most of the time RTH is miscalculated when the second warning goes on. If the machine algorithms really were working, RTH triggered by the second warning should be safe and landing proximity to the take off point acceptable. But is not. So if the wind force, the battery capacity, the weather temp and the distance traveled are not considered by the 2nd warning, what then it is its purpose? Automatic RTH works based on the telemetry calculated by the warning but if the warning is wrong, RTH fails. What Autel engineers are doing about?

I'm new to Autel, flying DJI since they first came out, now have Evo 2 Duo. I think there are two issues here (if anything like DJI). When you are just out flying around it will (or should) calculate when you need to RTH based on what's left in the tank. That would be the first warning, if you over ride that, then it's up to you, it will no longer calculate if you have enough juice to get back... (but may possibly will warn you). As I said, new to Autel and the Explorer App. The purpose of the 2nd (critical) warning, at least as I would see it is: Get your rig back ASAP... and possibly be scouting for landing spots on the way. I've never had to, but come real close to having to land due to critical battery.

RTH is from where you take off when the GPS locks it in. Has nothing to do with battery %.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34