Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How’s the flight?

Zentenk

Reaction score
So I’m on the fence on getting the Evo 2 Pro. Saw one for sale in a shop last week (Hong Kong). One concern I have is that the evo 2 has jerky yaw movements, is this true? This seems to be the case for some users on the forum and flytpath on YouTube mentioned how the evo 2 have jerky movements.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks

I have seen a handful of videos. The jerky ones are the follow me type flights. As far as stability from what I have seen it's much more stable than the Evo 1. Possibly due to the weight and possibly because they have done some things with the software/hardware to improve performance. I have not flown one, so I have only seen what you may have seen, but jerky movements was not one of the things that I saw reported, except as noted in the follow me modes, but you see that with any of the drones that are using their avoidance systems in follow me. Skydio included.

Those that have a frame of reference like a very smooth Mavic2, have so far not been impressed. The expo adjustments so far have not seemed to be adequate.

Reactions: Droneflyer
I have an Evo II 8k and a Mavic 2 Pro. I can fly both just as good. The Evo II’s EXP can be dialed down to .20 just like my M2P. Once you fly the E2, you get used to it’s characteristics pretty fast if you are used to a Mavic. Evo II also has two flight modes that really tone things down. Precision Mode ie exactly that, you can intricately adjust your speed settings for yaw, vertical and horizontal speeds. Dual Stability Mode is similiar to DJI’s Cinema Mode which dampens all of you stick inputs so there is no jerkiness to your moves and stops. Hope this helps. I really enjoy my Evo II. The more I fly it, the more I have been enjoying it. I have been flying it more than my M2P lately, and it outranges my Mavic as well. Adios!

I have an Evo II 8k and a Mavic 2 Pro. I can fly both just as good. The Evo II’s EXP can be dialed down to .20 just like my M2P. Once you fly the E2, you get used to it’s characteristics pretty fast if you are used to a Mavic. Evo II also has two flight modes that really tone things down. Precision Mode ie exactly that, you can intricately adjust your speed settings for yaw, vertical and horizontal speeds. Dual Stability Mode is similiar to DJI’s Cinema Mode which dampens all of you stick inputs so there is no jerkiness to your moves and stops. Hope this helps. I really enjoy my Evo II. The more I fly it, the more I have been enjoying it. I have been flying it more than my M2P lately, and it outranges my Mavic as well. Adios!

Thanks for the report. Have you been able to get 10 bit recording to work in .265 log?

I have only compared LOG and the Normal picture profiles in h264 so far to see how far I can push those two as of now. I haven’t messed with h265 since I usually use Lumafusion on my iPad and they would shave 2 bits off since it isn’t supported by them yet.

I have only compared LOG and the Normal picture profiles in h264 so far to see how far I can push those two as of now. I haven’t messed with h265 since I usually use Lumafusion on my iPad and they would shave 2 bits off since it isn’t supported by them yet.
Thanks for the repy, do you know if it is even selectable when in log?

No setting that I have seen or know of. I know on the Mavic 2 it’s automatically applied when shooting footage in h265. Autel....I don’t know. I just figured it was the same.

No setting that I have seen or know of. I know on the Mavic 2 it’s automatically applied when shooting footage in h265. Autel....I don’t know. I just figured it was the same.
Thanks. Why not take advantage of h.265 and it's superior benefits?

It’s nice to be able to pop the card into anything and not have to worry about it, I’ve been happy with the images, but you do provide a good point.

Reactions: Droneflyer

that’s great feedback Cicero, thank you. I noticed the evo 2 only has 2.4ghz transmission and no 5.8ghz. While I understand the business decision behind this, how did you find the range compared to the M2P? Have you had a chance to fly in urban or metropolitan areas?

I live in Hong Kong and given how densely populated everything is, I’m trying to gauge the disadvantages of only having 2.4ghz

Glad to help. My Evo II gets further range than my M2P in a suburban area on the edge of a small city. I have not had any issue with signal drop on either drone. Not to say that the Mavic 2 isn’t capable if the battery was larger. Compared to the Evo II, the battery is the Mavic’s handicap. I have to turn around to make it back to the home point at around 14,500 feet, where the Evo II can keep flying even only having 2.4ghz. I have had the Evo II out to 24,400 feet before having to turn around to make it home. I also had the Evo I. In the same area could only get to the 1 mile mark before it would cut out and initiate a return to home. I hope that puts things into perspective. I have been to Hong Kong long ago and know first hand how dense it is. You may have different results where you are. I would think that it is safe to say that what ever your Mavic 2 performance is in your area to expect the same (and possibly better due to battery size) from the Evo II. Adios!

So I’m on the fence on getting the Evo 2 Pro. Saw one for sale in a shop last week (Hong Kong). One concern I have is that the evo 2 has jerky yaw movements, is this true? This seems to be the case for some users on the forum and flytpath on YouTube mentioned how the evo 2 have jerky movements.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks
it does and what’s worse is the gimbal motion up and down is way too jerky and uncontrollable to me

All of these motions can be smoothed out with settings and practice. A Mavic straight out of the box is also ridiculously responsive and jerky too. Once again, all smoothed out to preference once dialed in. Just as a Mavic has Cinema Mode and Tripod Mode, the Evo II has Dual Stability and Precision Mode which are similar. Precision Mode is great since you can directly adjust all the parameters like Tripod Mode on a Mavic. The EXP can be dialed down and the gimbal speed can be slowed for optimal results as well in the application. I own a M2P, Mavic Air and an Evo II. They all have their own caveats. With time and practice with any drone you can learn the feeling of each and perfect your movements. Happy flying!

Hello to the forum from Germany.

I have en evo 2 pro and the footage is amazing... mine doesn't make strange movements, but i can confirm that exp settings on all 4 channels would be very useful... the sticks are very sensible. In precision mode you can specify max speeds but not how the drone reacts.

So all the Evo 2 pro owners that need to fly manually, lets put a wishlist together:

1. exp on all channels
  2. customized stick modes
  3. tablet holder

Hello to the forum from Germany.

I have en evo 2 pro and the footage is amazing... mine doesn't make strange movements, but i can confirm that exp settings on all 4 channels would be very useful... the sticks are very sensible. In precision mode you can specify max speeds but not how the drone reacts.

So all the Evo 2 pro owners that need to fly manually, lets put a wishlist together:

1. exp on all channels
  2. customized stick modes
  3. tablet holder

yes exp on all channels would be nice ,stick modes are the same as mavic as far as I know , and there is already a tablet holder since the rc is the same one frome EVO I

Increasing the length of the joysticks from 16 to 33 mm should provide more precision and smoothness.
Evo Stick.JPG I would make the impression as soon as I could.

Thanks for the suggestions, i didn't know that the Sticks are threaded, i will find a solution then. On the DJI fleet you have a forth stick mode option named "custom" where you can realize for example a mode 4 which i fly.

Reactions: Barboza

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen