Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Homemade landing gear extensions

have ya heard of water striders ? good for land or water and and crazy surface? good job finding whats around the house to save those props and camera =)

Too late Spanky, Augustine beat you to the punch mentioning these earlier in the post. But yeah, they are neat and you could use empty soda or water bottles to make your own. I have river near by where I would like to try some water landings, but what I really need is some tree striders:D.

Reactions: KentA
I see that ...I always wondered if autel would make and senor that you could plug into the mini usb port on the xstar, like an after market motion detector with like a 3ft radius for the drone. it would be useful =)

I see that ...I always wondered if autel would make and senor that you could plug into the mini usb port on the xstar, like an after market motion detector with like a 3ft radius for the drone. it would be useful =)
About 4 wooden dowels
4 plastic quart soda bottles
Hot glue gun...... or Duct tape
And a spirit of Research and Development:)

According to the video on Autel's website, the next drone will have obstacle avoidance.

Last edited:
OK, trying something else. Found four old knobs, cut the shaft part in half so part of it would be on the outside, hot glued them on, and put some little feet bumper things on the bottom. Raises the camera a little higher off the ground. If I had me a 3D printer, I could really go wild.

New bird.jpg

Yeah; my favorite warbird (from that era), so it kinda jumped right out at me. :)

A couple of free cardstock models I found online. I don't know If I have the patience to do these anymore. I've got several cardstock things printed out, just can't get in the right frame of mind to tackle them.
20170718_222257.jpg

Last edited:
I used to live 15 miles from Oshkosh, WI and never attended the EAA fly-in. It was always a zoo because of the traffic - I regret not going now.

Ya I'm not sure or cannot remember where these guys were from but they were around for 3 days and we stopped in the very last day around closing time. We were suppose to pay 10 or 12 bucks to get in but we just walked right in and no seemed to mind so we just took some picture and left.

Reactions: WildDoktor

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE