Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Homemade landing gear extensions

Cool man; love the way you experiment with stuff!

Got enough pairs of glasses in that first pic?? :D :D

Cool man; love the way you experiment with stuff!

Got enough pairs of glasses in that first pic?? :D :D
Still not satisfied with the extensions, but it's something. Oh, and those glasses represent the various stages of eye deterioration, and also.... can't find them, go buy another pair, then find them.:p

Still not satisfied with the extensions, but it's something. Oh, and those glasses represent the various stages of eye deterioration, and also.... can't find them, go buy another pair, then find them.:p
I am gonna try some Pool noodle Foam gizmos....... tie wrapped to the skids. It could help landings.
More R&D to come... :)
Bama, if I use dark blue......... I'll catch Hail from those WarEagles, huh?

Hey, why don't you try some water landings....just not on the beach.
Love some R&D........ advantages of retirement
I'm retired, but still working full time, if that makes any sense. Actually retired twice, you could say. Definition of retired is when you get tired, then you get tired again, correct?

I am gonna try some Pool noodle Foam gizmos....... tie wrapped to the skids. It could help landings.
More R&D to come... :)
Bama, if I use dark blue......... I'll catch Hail from those WarEagles, huh?

I have used pool noodles before on my other quads. They work OK but be careful not to use them on windy days as the extra drag throws your quad around a lot more in the wind. Don't think I would ever use them for water landings as I have seen some very unsuccessful youtube video's of people trying. :) Things did not go well for them.

You are better off to put a set of these on, although more expensive a much better idea. Autel is not listed in the quads that they fit but Autel dealers sell them for the Autel XSP so I know they will fit.

#DroneAnywhere

You are better off to put a set of these on, although more expensive a much better idea. Autel is not listed in the quads that they fit but Autel dealers sell them for the Autel XSP so I know they will fit.

#DroneAnywhere
Oh yeah, I've seen them, pretty cool. I don't don't think even those would help PRMath if he decided to ride the waves at Pensacola beach:D

He was flying his P4 out there and spotted them late afternoon......... Dropped down to around 10-20 feet and got concerned one of them would jump up and eat his P4 :)
Now that would have been a great camera shot, if he could have gotten the drone back after a shark attack.

I could'nt help think that ... if you were to have modified the glasses instead you would not have ended up in that tree !! ;)o_O

(Look up Specsavers Ad on YouTube!)

Take care Bama, Cider Boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I wonder if that tape is going to interfere with your reception? The antennas run down the legs; not sure if they also run in the bottom portion...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials