Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help, Evo II Pro won't land manually. Will only land via Return to Home Button.

DroneFreak

Reaction score
My Evo 2 Pro 6k won't land manually. It will only land if I use the Return to Home Button which can be troublesome and not exactly the ideal situation for a shoot on the water I have coming up. There is nothing blocking the censors and all firmware is up to date. The issue happened both before and after the update.

I attempted to hand land and the motors would not shut down, they revved up to compensate for me holding the drone "weighing it down".

It eventually shut off but only after the gimbal spazzed out.

Did you have Obstacle Avoidance turned on or off? Was your landing area in a tight spot or open on all sides by 15' or more?

Did you have Obstacle Avoidance turned on or off? Was your landing area in a tight spot or open on all sides by 15' or more?
Landing in a wide open field and parking lot. Avoidance was on so I am going to try to turn that off, but still it should land regardless. The bottom censors don't appear to be scratched or damaged. I am also going to try to recalibrate it today to see if that helps.

Landing in a wide open field and parking lot. Avoidance was on so I am going to try to turn that off, but still it should land regardless. The bottom censors don't appear to be scratched or damaged. I am also going to try to recalibrate it today to see if that helps.

If you just got it, I would try to exchange it, if it is beyond the return window I would open a ticket with Autel, that's definitely not normal behavior.

When you go through the calibrations --Compass, IMU, Gimbal-- don't forget the Controller Sticks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58