Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Headset for the EVO and tablet.

Madhungarian

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a headset for the Evo? I was looking at the VIPER XT 2.0 however I do not really need the screen (can fit your phone where the screen goes). Can anyone also recommend a android tablet that has a hdmi out? Thanks! :)

While I have never tried FPV with the Evo, the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV comes with goggles you place your phone into. I'm sure there must be something like that on Amazon or Fleabay but never looked.

Reactions: Madhungarian
can you actually have HDMI and connect the R/C simultaniously?

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Jmday-11-pin...GR/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657823381539&psc=1
I just found out you need an M
https://www.amazon.com/Jmday-11-pin...GR/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657823381539&psc=1
The only problem is that you need to plug that in for power right? I read you can use an MHL adapter however that requires power as well. Thank you for sending my the link!

I just found out you need an M

The only problem is that you need to plug that in for power right? I read you can use an MHL adapter however that requires power as well. Thank you for sending my the link!
I don't really know. I have never used it. Does it only draw power? Can't it send data.

I got the strangest notification. Said @Madhungarian reacted to my post, instead of reply.

It’s a shame Autel didn’t think ahead that some people would be wanting to use a quality VR headset/ goggles ( DJI Goggles, etc. ?) and not merely stuffing their mobile phones into a cheap box in front of their face. The HDMI interface should have been available. Very frustrating.

It’s a shame Autel didn’t think ahead that some people would be wanting to use a quality VR headset/ goggles ( DJI Goggles, etc. ?) and not merely stuffing their mobile phones into a cheap box in front of their face. The HDMI interface should have been available. Very frustrating.
The Evo was never designed to be used as a FPV drone. I have no desire to fly FPV with a $1K drone. That's what my BB2 is for.

Reactions: WayneH
Well I kind of disagree it was not designed to be a FPV drone but I do agree flying FPV with a $1000 dollar drone is only for the rich and famous. :)
The App has the VR option does it not? Is that not suppose to be used for FPV flying? 3534

My intention was to be able to connect a quality headset so “ passengers” could have a FPV experience. And the VR mode included in the Explorer App is for android users only and the 10 dollar crappy box. And the new Epson Moverio glasses would be nice to use, but only DJI compatible I believe.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I am on my way home. When I get home I'm going to try if I can include to video sources for the controller. if this is possible then you're able to connect The googles and another video source so you can fly and your friend can have the FPV experience.

Ansia, I also saw a lightning plug/ HDMI adapter for an iPhone, BUT I would assume you would need 2 outputs from a phone, tablet, etc. Keep us updated if you come up with a fix! Maybe we will have some bright orange “Autel Goggles” in a year or 2 to compete with that other little drone company!

Reactions: Ansia
Ansia, I also saw a lightning plug/ HDMI adapter for an iPhone, BUT I would assume you would need 2 outputs from a phone, tablet, etc. Keep us updated if you come up with a fix! Maybe we will have some bright orange “Autel Goggles” in a year or 2 to compete with that other little drone company!
Sadly the controller will only allow 1 video source. So in order to get the a HDMI and a screen working, both will need to be connected to the same port. The next test would be to try one of those hdmi to micro usb or usb c adapters. I currently don't own one, but I have found that you can transfer data through the power port of the adapter. Perhaps connect the evo controller there and just mirror image what's in the phone to the goggles or tv.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo