Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Having fun...EPIC Fail!

slimjimtell

Reaction score
I was goofing around today doing a little LOW flying...turns out TOO LOW!!! Tough bird, NO damage.
Don't give me grief about my yard, they just plugged, seeded for the spring season.
Epic FAIL.mp4

If it wasn't for the leg extenders, maybe you would have had those extra 2" of ground clearance :)

But look at the bright side...there's a few more holes for seeds now :)

Good to know the bird is unharmed.

Curious as to why though your camera is tilting.....did you FPV it??

Had to be footage from fpv cam, not sure why slimjim didn't remove the gimbal beforehand (seen in shadow), some pretty expensive dead weight hanging there:eek:

Don't know about your X-star but mine will not connect unless the camera is left on.

I've not tried it myself, I assumed it would bind and fly then use the tx osd display for flight information. ive flown my older p2 vision + a few times without gimbal & cam, it would be nice to have that option on the x star if you wanted to do some fpv sport flying as slimjim did.

Well I just checked again and nope it will not start without the camera. Seems like a really dumb idea to me but I gues they have a reason. OH thats right they get to make more money from us when we crash and break the camera. 2005sad.gif

OK
Update. Seems my phone needs to be not plugged into the controller. I was able to start the motors with the camera off. Not much documentation on this.
Anyways its all good now if I want to fly without the camera :)

OK
Update. Seems my phone needs to be not plugged into the controller. I was able to start the motors with the camera off. Not much documentation on this.
Anyways its all good now if I want to fly without the camera :)

I wondered about the phone connection. Was the startup information on the LCD? Anyway, good to know its possible to fly without the gimbal, thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
I was goofing around today doing a little LOW flying...turns out TOO LOW!!! Tough bird, NO damage.
Don't give me grief about my yard, they just plugged, seeded for the spring season.
Epic FAIL.mp4

Slimjimtell,
I couldn't help notice from your video - you have a little helipad in the the background that you didn't get to use. However, I was thinking on your next flight, to heck with that, use the trampoline as your helipad. It would be a bigger target and an interesting visual effect too.

I use mine at night. I have christmas tree lights strung around it for lighting. Point the camera straight down when taking off it looks pretty cool. :)

Reactions: herbl
I use mine at night. I have christmas tree lights strung around it for lighting. Point the camera straight down when taking off it looks pretty cool. :)

Augustine,
Very cool! Did you auto land? If not, you nailed it. You're know ready for carrier landings on a rocking ship at night.

For night time, it didn't look that grainy. Do you remember what ISO you used?

I have landed in the trampoline before ONLY when I had the prop guards on. If I cut the trampoline with a prop....500.00 for the replacement. And my daughter would have issue with it!

I have landed in the trampoline before ONLY when I had the prop guards on. If I cut the trampoline with a prop....500.00 for the replacement. And my daughter would have issue with it!

I can see your point. That would be an expensive "EPIC Fail" on steroids!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials