Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone used the live deck yet?

to bring live deck to aus is very expensive
I am now using the apple tv box and screen mirror my ipad image to any tv or what ever
a much cheaper option

I bought the live deck to use with VR goggles
I sit in the car with the deck on the dashboard with a HDMI connection to the Yuneec Skyview goggles.

We use live deck for our Fire Department UAS program. Put it at the Command Post. Works great and the command love it. They call on the radio if they want to direct us to a special point of interest.

Hi all.
Would my Epson Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses work on the Live Deck via HDMI or USB Type C.

Thanks

Does the live deck sit between the controller and drone as a bridge or is it just a separate connected device to the drone?

I ask because I watched the Autel CES 2019 video on youtube and when talking of the live deck they said it could increase range. That would be impossible if the controller doesn't interact with it somehow.
It pairs with the Drone itself

Reactions: john_texas
Live deck is a stand alone device that receives the downloaded live feed from the Evo/Evo2 camera and display's it on a large monitor or i guess you can hook it to goggles except i don't know how you can maintain VLOS on the drone at all times unless you have a VO working with you.

Live deck is a stand alone device that receives the downloaded live feed from the Evo/Evo2 camera and display's it on a large monitor or i guess you can hook it to goggles except i don't know how you can maintain VLOS on the drone at all times unless you have a VO working with you.
The reason i bought the Epson Moverio BT-35e smart glasses is when you have them on you can also see what's happening above below and both left and right and still have VLOS with the aircraft as you can see through image.

I have never seen that before, That looks awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Fly safe

I have never seen that before, That looks awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Fly safe
Your welcome mate.

I bought these glasses for my Mavic 2 Zoom that I had a week (sent back as was Faulty and Crappy NFZ) which plugged straight into the Dji smart controller.

I'm only a recreational hobbyist pilot but only way to get glasses to work with Evo2 was to purchase the Live Deck aswell and they work perfectly fine without needing a VO unlike the Dji goggles that make you look like a "FLY" and have no VLOS.
I've included this YouTube video for the older Moverio BT-300s that convinced me to purchase them.. It's the Future Lol..
Happy Safe Flying Guys/Girls..

Acabo de comprar el Live Deck y lo probaré con las gafas Yuneec Skyview. Cargando ahora. Actualizaré después de la prueba
Hello Don Warren
Did you try the Live Deck with Yunnec's glasses?
How did it work?
I am thinking about the possibility of buying them.
Thank you!

I got the Moverio bt-35e Glasses AND the Live Deck. I paired the Evo 2 with the Live Deck and can see the drone image when I connect the Live Deck via usb-c to a phone. But when I connect that same usb-c cable to the Movario I get no image. Am I doing something wrong?

I got the Moverio bt-35e Glasses AND the Live Deck. I paired the Evo 2 with the Live Deck and can see the drone image when I connect the Live Deck via usb-c to a phone. But when I connect that same usb-c cable to the Movario I get no image. Am I doing something wrong?
Hi.
I also have the Epson Moverio BT-35e Glasses and Live Deck.
You need to Power the Glasses with a Power Bank and then you should get the image on the Glasses ? ?

Thanks for that advice. OK, I got the HDMI cable and a power pack. Got a great image right away. But then the dilemma was how do I handle all the cables and boxes? First try was Moverio Interface unit clipped on my belt, power pack in my pocket, live Deck in the opposite pocket (half sticking out and dropped once). Needed to find a way to group them all together in a single solution. So, I began a search at the local Home Depot and found a Husky Belt Clip Storage Pouch for $8. Took the antennas off the Live deck, put holes in the pouch using a soldering iron to melt through the plastic and nylon fabric, put the Live Deck in with antenna screws sticking out and put antennas back on. Put holes in the other side of the pouch to line up with the HDMI outlet and the charging port. Then put a power pack on top of that with it's charge lights visible through the pastic, pushed to the left side so the lights of the Live Deck were visible through the clear portion, power button can be pushed through the plastic. Short Power Pack cable comes out the top and charging port is reachable. The interface Unit clips to the top edge of the pouch and the cable for glasses, HDMI cable and power cable are attached with excess wire stuffed into the pouch, just need to not plug the power in until ready to use. The closing cover is tucked into the pouch behind Interface unit. All nice and clean and attached to my belt in one spot, pretty light overall. Controller is not attached to anything and can be set down and walk away from without pulling it to the ground. It has my iPhone attached with velcro to the old iPad mount below the controls so it is all easy to see and maneuver below the glasses.

One question: I use the dark shield on sunny days, but it is too dark to see thru effectively. Has anyone found a medium dark sheild or can one be fashioned out of medium sunglasses or something else? Does anyone make a medium shield...Epson told me they do not have anything else, just clear and dark.

See attached pictures:

Moverio Set up 1.jpgMoverio Set up 2.jpgMoverio Set up 3.jpgMoverio Set up 4.jpg

Reactions: Wilkz
Thanks for that advice. OK, I got the HDMI cable and a power pack. Got a great image right away. But then the dilemma was how do I handle all the cables and boxes? First try was Moverio Interface unit clipped on my belt, power pack in my pocket, live Deck in the opposite pocket (half sticking out and dropped once). Needed to find a way to group them all together in a single solution. So, I began a search at the local Home Depot and found a Husky Belt Clip Storage Pouch for $8. Took the antennas off the Live deck, put holes in the pouch using a soldering iron to melt through the plastic and nylon fabric, put the Live Deck in with antenna screws sticking out and put antennas back on. Put holes in the other side of the pouch to line up with the HDMI outlet and the charging port. Then put a power pack on top of that with it's charge lights visible through the pastic, pushed to the left side so the lights of the Live Deck were visible through the clear portion, power button can be pushed through the plastic. Short Power Pack cable comes out the top and charging port is reachable. The interface Unit clips to the top edge of the pouch and the cable for glasses, HDMI cable and power cable are attached with excess wire stuffed into the pouch, just need to not plug the power in until ready to use. The closing cover is tucked into the pouch behind Interface unit. All nice and clean and attached to my belt in one spot, pretty light overall. Controller is not attached to anything and can be set down and walk away from without pulling it to the ground. It has my iPhone attached with velcro to the old iPad mount below the controls so it is all easy to see and maneuver below the glasses.

One question: I use the dark shield on sunny days, but it is too dark to see thru effectively. Has anyone found a medium dark sheild or can one be fashioned out of medium sunglasses or something else? Does anyone make a medium shield...Epson told me they do not have anything else, just clear and dark.

See attached pictures:

View attachment 9674View attachment 9675View attachment 9676View attachment 9677
That looks like a good set up you have for ALL the Wire's Tucked in out of the way..

I have been trying to find the same exact Pouch for my live deck but can't seem to find any here in the UK. Would be grateful if you could please send me a link for me to purchase this.

Regards Scott

This is the Home Depot Web site with the pouch:

This is the Home Depot Web site with the pouch:

Don't deliver to the UK ? ill try get a alternative one.

Cheers for link ?

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy