Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone used the live deck yet?

Reaction score
Just bought the live deck, used it a few days ago, was wondering if anyone has used it and experienced any signal strength depreciation with Evo and controller, will do some testing today and get back to report what i find.

Just bought the live deck, used it a few days ago, was wondering if anyone has used it and experienced any signal strength depreciation with Evo and controller, will do some testing today and get back to report what i find.

I used it for the first time this week. Had it inside, connected to our 50" tv via hdmi running on battery while I flew in the backyard at up to 250' elevation and maybe an acre away. Had no loss of signal issues per the family. They thoroughly enjoyed sitting inside with A/C watching what the drone could see while I was outside having fun flying around.

I'm a recreational flyer but absolutely could see the value in live deck for live roof inspections, crop growth checks, SAR, etc.

Reactions: Wilkz and Opa43
Does the live deck sit between the controller and drone as a bridge or is it just a separate connected device to the drone?

I ask because I watched the Autel CES 2019 video on youtube and when talking of the live deck they said it could increase range. That would be impossible if the controller doesn't interact with it somehow.

Hello All,
Tested the live deck in several situations and found that it does not extend your range, the 2019 CES guy was suggesting that if one replaces the antennas on the Live Deck, that doing so, will get you better range with the{ Live Deck } not the Evo drone.
The Live Deck brings the video signal from the Evo to the Deck in stunning high definition with which one can feed into almost any monitor, TV, lap top ETC.
As far as I've found, the Live Deck does not affect the signal from the drone or controller as far as signal strength is concerned.

Just received my two Sunhans eSunRC signal boosters and 4 Hawks SR panel and am getting ready to put all together over the Lifthor tablet holder, will post photos when i finish, am wondering if anyone here has any suggestions or warnings on what to watch out for, as i complete my modification.
I will post photos when i finish.

Reactions: Opa43
Hello All,
Tested the live deck in several situations and found that it does not extend your range, the 2019 CES guy was suggesting that if one replaces the antennas on the Live Deck, that doing so, will get you better range with the{ Live Deck } not the Evo drone.
The Live Deck brings the video signal from the Evo to the Deck in stunning high definition with which one can feed into almost any monitor, TV, lap top ETC.
As far as I've found, the Live Deck does not affect the signal from the drone or controller as far as signal strength is concerned.

Just received my two Sunhans eSunRC signal boosters and 4 Hawks SR panel and am getting ready to put all together over the Lifthor tablet holder, will post photos when i finish, am wondering if anyone here has any suggestions or warnings on what to watch out for, as i complete my modification.
I will post photos when i finish.
Please do post photos, I have a Titan switch system on my Inspire 1 and looking into installing it on the EVO so I can share the system but 2 things are holding me back, for one it seems that the switch antenna is more difficult to install on the EVO controller, have no idea why but Titan does not do EVO installations and I believe the one party I've seen does it charges $200 which is $100 more than Titan charged me to modify the Inspire controller, secondly I too have the Lifthor (which I actually feel interferes with the proper function of the EVO antenna no matter how I place it, so I feel the need for the Titan)which will hinder the installation of aftermarket antennas, no I don't want to get rid of the Lifthor, I love it.

Thanks for the information. I plan to buy one of those live deck to use for a second (large) monitor when I take photos / videos out on the coast. I also have a Mavic Platinum Pro that I fly with the DJI goggles to take close up surfing, boating, and parasailing shots, but at times the goggles get too heavy on the neck after prolong use. This live deck with the EVO might work better having a 2nd display that I and/or my spotter can count on. I wonder if the live deck would work with the DJI goggles using the HDMI connection? Hmmm....

Reactions: gcopter1
Im wondering if you could fly using the live deck as your video device?...is there lag?...if not why couldnt you put up a 36 inch tv and watch it as your flying?...

You will have the exact same video feed as your controller. Reason being is, a 36" TV doea not do well in a outdoor envirorment. Your phone was designed to be somewhat seen under the sun. The TV wasn't.

You will have the exact same video feed as your controller. Reason being is, a 36" TV doea not do well in a outdoor envirorment. Your phone was designed to be somewhat seen under the sun. The TV wasn't.
Would be neat in a shady area though!

It looks like a smartphone/tablet won't work when using live deck. Is this true?!

It looks like a smartphone/tablet won't work when using live deck. Is this true?!
False. The connection between the drone and your controller and the drone to the live deck are completely different. In other words, you will get a live feed on both devices.

Glad to hear that. All the videos I've seen show controller without phone

Question about live deck. Im part of a Storm spotter group here in Ohio. Is it possible to plug the live deck into the mobile phone and push that feed out to facebook live?

Question about live deck. Im part of a Storm spotter group here in Ohio. Is it possible to plug the live deck into the mobile phone and push that feed out to facebook live?
once the ethernet come working i a few months you will be able to hook it up to the laptop and live feed all over..

Thanks for the information. I plan to buy one of those live deck to use for a second (large) monitor when I take photos / videos out on the coast. I also have a Mavic Platinum Pro that I fly with the DJI goggles to take close up surfing, boating, and parasailing shots, but at times the goggles get too heavy on the neck after prolong use. This live deck with the EVO might work better having a 2nd display that I and/or my spotter can count on. I wonder if the live deck would work with the DJI goggles using the HDMI connection? Hmmm....
I just bought the Live Deck and will try with the Yuneec Skyview goggles. Charging now. I'll update after trial

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy