Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hand retriving

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I plan on taking the Autel over the water in my kayak. The easiest way to retrieve it would be by hand while I stand up in shallow water. I do that with my SJRC by putting my hand under and pressing and holding " land/ take off" button which shuts it down while flying. It just drops in my hand.
Is there a similar way with Evo?

I tried it yesterday. Just hover where you can reach it and grab it. My Mavic always tried to pull away, the Evo 2 stays. You just pull down the stick all the way and the propellers stop.

I have been practicing hand catching the drone. I have found that catching it from the back portion avoids the sensors and can be done easily with practice. i had the drone a long time before I got up the courage to hand catch. I would practice on land until you are fully comfortable with it.

I don't blame you! :oops:
I had no trouble hand launching my DJI Phantoms...
got to be normal.
When I got my Typhoon H and I saw others hand catching I thought I'd try it.
Damn those six spinning props so close to my face and that skinny flimsy one leg to hold on to scared me !
EVO is sort of the same thing being so close to my fat fingers!
I have seen a couple of Youtube videos of pilots getting bit by the blades!
Its bad enough trying to hand catch on solid ground, but hand catching on a wave bouncing boat is not in my realm of confidence !
I can see getting bit and then having it falling into the water....

I always hand catch my drones - on the Mavics you just need to bring it down to shoulder level next to you with the rear sensors not facing you. Slide your hand under the drone from the rear, this turns off the avoidance so the drone will not try to fly up. Left lever down and it will simply shut off. On the Spark and Mavic Air you can just tip the drone sideways and it will instantly shut off. This does not work with the full size mavics or Autel. On the Autel just hover over your open hand and left downstick, it will hesitate then just land on your hand.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert