Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

GPS satellites not found

mpoz23

Reaction score
Hey.
I have been using Evo 2 RTK for a month now and i am very pleased with results.

But there is one thing that is bothering me and it is with connecting to GPS satellites specifically. Every once in a while Evo is struggling to connect to GPS satellites. I can connect to RTK service with no problem, i can see satellite count for baidu, glonass, galileo and all are pretty good numbers, but for gps it stays at 0. And while is at 0 i don't get a FIX position. Then i usually restart drone, controller and app, i even do that multiple times, i wait more than 30min or more, i carry the drone around to possible get a better signal but nothing helps. In the end i do get gps signal and fix position but i really have to be patient and another thing, when i finally get gps signal it usually is very good (exact location where i was struggling for so long). I also had GNSS receiver with me all the times (Leica GS07) where i could connect to GPS satellites with no problem from the beginning.

Does anyone experience the same problems? I wonder if this is hardware/software issue?

On the side note, why can't i get a fix position using only baidu, glonass and galileo satellites?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Miha

Did you by chance install a strobe directly over the GPS antennas? The one and only spot on the RTK and Enterprise versions that seems the most obvious place to velcro a stick-on like a Firehouse V (flat part of the "hood" in front the black "cowl" of the top shell) unfortunately happens to be right above the antennas. Strobes mounted there have been known to cause GPS interference

Thanks for your answer, but no, I don’t use a strobe.
Today I worked on four different sites, 3 of them went smoothly and one had that problem connecting to gps satellites. I switched RTK mode off and used gcps because I had no problems getting a fix position with my Leica gnss. While I was flying i did get gps signal and fix position on my evo too.
Next time that happens I will try to get a fix position in the air before I start my mission.

Try different mount point. When I switched mine I got quicker fixes. I went from RTCM_NEAR to MSM_IMAX.

Try different mount point. When I switched mine I got quicker fixes. I went from RTCM_NEAR to MSM_IMAX.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that next time. I did have better luck yesterday, and that was even further from mount points. I typically use a virtual mount point on the MaineDOT CORS network.

One thing i thought of was the location where it wouldn't find any GPS satellites was next to a mobile phone tower. Is interference from such a tower a known issue?

Possible. I know I have had weird things happen under high tension lines, but that was back when I was using early version of UHF gps base.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo