Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

GPS Satellite Count - Lost

TroyMich

Reaction score
Website
troymich.zenfolio.com
I just updated my EVO 2 Pro with the latest software and flew it on a test flight. Everything checked out fine but I noticed I now do not see the number of satellites I am connected to. The icon is there. The bars are there and seem to be working but the number of satellites is not showing. Anyone having same problem or have an answer?

Reactions: edgardcafe
I just updated my EVO 2 Pro with the latest software and flew it on a test flight. Everything checked out fine but I noticed I now do not see the number of satellites I am connected to. The icon is there. The bars are there and seem to be working but the number of satellites is not showing. Anyone having same problem or have an answer?

Yes, I also updated my Evo 2 Pro on Sunday, and took it to flight and figure out that the numbers of satellites are missing. I always check it before each flight. I hope @Autel will fix it soon, or the # of satellites are in different place after the update.

Saw that too, unfortunate. However the you can use the UAV forecast and get an estimate of what the sat count should be. Fly, then upload to airdate and check their count in the sensor log.

But Autel should put it back , at least in the slide down menu

fwiw;
flying with the RC only, all I get is graph. I wait til I get "all green" or all green minus 1, the controller tells me good to go. never had a problem. I typically check 4-5 times in a 20min flight when I check battery status.

It was removed by Autel, on purpose.

I have no idea why ?‍♂️

See item 3 here: Autel Explorer App Release Notes
Thank you - Appreciate your pointing that out for me and now I see others did not see that notice from Autel.
Now I have to go find that link for things we would like them to consider adding. Why would they do that? Knowing how many sats is way better than bars alone.

I’m wondering why they removed it as well. TBH though the number of satellites the app displayed was usually a few to many more than UAV Forecast said should be visible. Maybe it just wasn’t showing an accurate count.

fwiw;
flying with the RC only, all I get is graph. I wait til I get "all green" or all green minus 1, the controller tells me good to go. never had a problem. I typically check 4-5 times in a 20min flight when I check battery status.
Speaking of battery status. I really wish they would put the battery temp on the main screen. I'd like to be able to take it easy on the drone before it reaches its critical heat level. Which, I believe I hit it at 145 degree F.

Oh, here is a little secret Autel doesn't share. If you fly an Autel drone sideways, allowing the wind to impact the side of the drone and the battery air intact grooves, the battery, if at about 125 degrees, will cool down to about 119 degrees F. Try, it. It works. I tend to fly home sideways just for that reason. The temp decreases and levels off and stops climbing when flying sideways. Very interesting.

Reactions: Quad808
Speaking of battery status. I really wish they would put the battery temp on the main screen. I'd like to be able to take it easy on the drone before it reaches its critical heat level. Which, I believe I hit it at 145 degree F.

Oh, here is a little secret Autel doesn't share. If you fly an Autel drone sideways, allowing the wind to impact the side of the drone and the battery air intact grooves, the battery, if at about 125 degrees, will cool down to about 119 degrees F. Try, it. It works. I tend to fly home sideways just for that reason. The temp decreases and levels off and stops climbing when flying sideways. Very interesting.
Quick swipe from the left edge to see aircraft status- I think a lot of people don't know about that.

We should all contact Autel and ask them to put the satellite counter back.

If we don't, they'll never know people are missing it :/

Reactions: AirStag
Hi guys i called Autel last Monday submitted at ticket the guy was nice guy he said the more people who call up better chance for them to possibly put it back

Reactions: PingSpike
i would rather have they work on the bigger things that need to be fix. i havent uploaded this new firmware but iv'e been reading theres a few bigger one like when you run a mission that the record start and stop. read a other mission the drone fly's side way throught the hole mission have any of you guy's have any of these problem.

Reactions: UasDriver
We should all contact Autel and ask them to put the satellite counter back.

If we don't, they'll never know people are missing it :/
I don't care if they put the number's back on just look down and if you have 4 line's you have at the least 8 to 12 satellite's plus the drone will not let you take off until it has enough plus the screen say;s only in big letter's GPS mode

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo