Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Self Checking never ends (New Nano+)

I hope this will get somehow corrected since it makes it impossible to hand launch it as well.
This is handy when trying to take off from boat that is constantly moving.
They did not thinked it so far... Up to now they try to fix the bugs and make the drone work as in commercial they published...
Probably the commercial was made ahead and they realised that the promise was a little too big... As the expression we have here: they sold the skin of a bear from the woods... :))))

They did not thinked it so far... Up to now they try to fix the bugs and make the drone work as in commercial they published...
Probably the commercial was made ahead and they realised that the promise was a little too big... As the expression we have here: they sold the skin of a bear from the woods... :))))
Hehe, you probably never used Skydio 2 , now that was one overhyped one trick pony :)

I get that same message, but have found that if I rotate the gimbal with the controller, it stops and I can take off. As soon as I land, it starts complaining again, but rotating the gimbal makes it stop.

Reactions: lifeisfun
I get that same message, but have found that if I rotate the gimbal with the controller, it stops and I can take off. As soon as I land, it starts complaining again, but rotating the gimbal makes it stop.
Ha! That sounds like a good solution to hand launch, will try that! Thanks!

That gimbal message is triggered as soon as the drone gets moved or doesn't sit level on the ground.
Just try to place it quite level and wait for a few seconds without touching it.
Do NOT try to start from metal, like your car's hood or trunk, stay away from any magnetic fields.
If you still do, that nagging gimbal message might not stop for minutes, calibrations won't help.
Thank you very much, I'll try it on the weekend. I hope that it works.

I just received my Nano+ Premium Kit from the Official Autel Robotics Store on Ali Express.

I unpacked it and noticed and charged the batteries but I noticed the gimbal was always looking down 30 degrees, the app kept saying "Gimbal Self-Checking" forever and it would twitch every 30 seconds or so. I did the latest firmware updates and the gimbal still does not react at all to the RC or to the gimbal calibration procedure. Disappointing after spending $1300.

I was looking forward to taking it out this long weekend but now it seems to be broken out of the box. Anyone else have any ideas other than beg for warranty coverage?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE AND RESOLUTION:
Autel support elected to replace the unit under warranty. New Nano+ airframe arrived earlier this week and everything works as intended. Thank you Autel support for providing assistance even though there is quite a large service volume.

I still think the issue was caused by an incorrect gimbal cover installation which would explain why it was shipped out after factory testing. Anyway, issue resolved and looking forward to future firmware enhancements. I know we should never buy something based on a future FW promise... but it is what it is.
I have the same problem and hope that ends well for me. Im getting a bit over this drone :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials