Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Roll Axis Consistently off 2°

tvwxman

Reaction score
Hi - Brand new member and first post.

I'm really enjoying my relatively new EVO 2 Pro. However, despite numerous attempts at calibrating the gimbal on a level flat surface, it remains tilted on the roll axis by nearly 2°. Thankfully I can manually correct it with the app, but I just find this unsettling.

I've contacted Autel customer support, but have lost patience waiting to hear back.

Is a 2° error within a normal tolerance and am I just being too picky?

Thanks!

Reactions: Edward Newman
I have seen even DJI drones have this problem although DJI fanboys will not admit to it. A 2 degree tilt is border line bad in my opinion. Most are about 1 degree. The problem with correcting it in post is when it is all over the place. Hard to edit something that is not consistent. I suggest reaching out to support see if there is anything they can do to help you out.

Thanks very much! Indeed I am waiting to hear back from them, and wondering if they will reply.

Ya not making excuses for them not getting back sooner but from what I have heard a lot of them are working still from home and they are swamped. Covid is kicking the poop out of good support and I guess we should give them a break. Hopefully they will solve your problem soon.

Reactions: Tufargon
For sure, I can understand that. As long as I can fly which I can, plenty of patience on this end!

Surely you only have to adjust it once in the app, then forget about it forever?

Or do you mean you have to set it every time you boot up the drone? ?

You are correct, I don't have to continually adjust the gimbal every time to account for the roll axis error. But part of me hopes every time I fire up the drone that error will magically disappear and I can manually restore the roll axis back to horizontal 0 degrees, or at least closer.

My Evo II Pro is off by 1 degree. I manually adjusted it too. So far so good. I just got the gimbal today and swapped the 8k out and it was 1 degree tilted from the start. Auto calibration does nothing to correct it. The 8k gimbal was always level. I can live with that if it stays level upon adjustment. Now my other issue is that the Pro gimbal didn’t come with a gimbal guard. ??‍♂️

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert