Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal cover

Kokobop1

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there making printed gimbal covers for the EVO that fit over an installed CPL filter? The stock one is too tight. Thanks!

It also doesn't fit over Freewell Filters! Needs to be slightly larger to cover the filters. I hate having to remove the filters when I'm done flying.

Is Polar Pro still making a CPL filter for the Evo? All I see on their website are ones for the Hero GoPro.

Not sure if it's just me but even without a CPL filter or any other filters installed that gimbal cover is very hard to install and remove. It just doesn't seem to fit properly at all.

Reactions: rkymtnflyer
Not sure if it's just me but even without a CPL filter or any other filters installed that gimbal cover is very hard to install and remove. It just doesn't seem to fit properly at all.
Couldn’t agree more. Even when using extreme caution I still feel like I’m going to damage the gimbal. I think the cover does a great job at stabilizing the gimbal for transport, it’s just the installation and removal that could be improved.

Couldn’t agree more. Even when using extreme caution I still feel like I’m going to damage the gimbal. I think the cover does a great job at stabilizing the gimbal for transport, it’s just the installation and removal that could be improved.
Taking it off is not that hard. To put it on, turn the Evo upside down, fit in one side, and then push down the other side to click into place. Sure it's not the easiest, but I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would reading all the posts prior to purchasing the Evo.

Is there anyone out there making printed gimbal covers for the EVO that fit over an installed CPL filter? The stock one is too tight. Thanks!
Hello everyone
Here is my solution for the protection of the camera, adapts to the filter.
just cut with a mini Dremel and a disc to cut, the part I removed.
it works very well
CACHE3.jpgCACHE1.jpgCACHE2.jpgCACHE4.jpg

I only paid $60 USD for my 3 filter Polar Pro set direct through Autel. The cover fits perfect with all three. 4 / 8 / 16

Thanks but I just realized that those are just ND and not polarized. I'm pretty certain that the ring on the polarized filters is what's causing the gimbal cover not to fit.

Reactions: Franlac

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itallica