Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Front Obstacle Sensor Acting Strange

Eagle928

Reaction score
For some reason my front right sensor sees an obstacle and won't move forward when nothing is there and is facing away from the sun. Is there a way to correct this other than to send it in to Autel Robotics? I have to turn off the sensors before i can fly it forward. Elevation doesn't seem to matter much but it does seem somewhat intermittent. Sensors are clean and not scratched. I thought i would ask here before calling Autel.

For some reason my front right sensor sees an obstacle and won't move forward when nothing is there and is facing away from the sun. Is there a way to correct this other than to send it in to Autel Robotics? I have to turn off the sensors before i can fly it forward. Elevation doesn't seem to matter much but it does seem somewhat intermittent. Sensors are clean and not scratched. I thought i would ask here before calling Autel.

Have you tried this?

Well ain't that a kick in the teeth. It won't run on my win7 32 bit system or my 64 bit Linux system using a windows (wine) emulator.

Well ain't that a kick in the teeth. It won't run on my win7 32 bit system or my 64 bit Linux system using a windows (wine) emulator.

Within your emulator are you running a 64bit version of Windows? Tech support (if you ever manage to reach them) will probably not even give you an RMA number until you have tried their calibration sequence.

Reactions: Eagle928
Within your emulator are you running a 64bit version of Windows? Tech support (if you ever manage to reach them) will probably not even give you an RMA number until you have tried their calibration sequence.
I'm sure you're right. I ordered a new Win10 64 bit on a flash drive today. I'm sure I will need it at some point besides now so I bit the bullet.

The good news is an IMU calibration appears to have fixed it but now i have the dreaded horizon tilt so i will go through the sequence again (IMU, GIMBAL, Compass calibrations) tomorrow.

Thanks again on the heads up for the sensor calibration. I will do that in the future for sure.

Yes; the Wine emulator is 64 bit. The program opens but that's about as far as it gets. It doesn't recognize when I plug the AC in whether the AC is powered up or not.

Reactions: herein2021
Have you tried this?

Well this appears to have worked. Thank you again! I must say the utility isn't the easiest to work with and it did take a while but hey; it did work.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman