Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FPV system for Evo II

atosetto

Reaction score
Guys, anyone can point me to some easy to use FPV system for the Evo II?
As there's no HDMI on the RC, its being quite difficult to find something plug and play...

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

From my understanding you use a "cheap" VR goggle. The type where you put your phone in the screen. FYI, the Samsung gear VR unfortunately will not work.

I just purchased the Google Daydream 2 (it's confirmed to work with my Note 8) it should arrive today.

I believe you connect your phone to the controller, then set up your camera settings, then hit the VR button in the app and then put your phone in the goggles.

I should have time to play with mine tomorrow. I'll update more then.

Reactions: atosetto
From my understanding you use a "cheap" VR goggle. The type where you put your phone in the screen. FYI, the Samsung gear VR unfortunately will not work.

I just purchased the Google Daydream 2 (it's confirmed to work with my Note 8) it should arrive today.

I believe you connect your phone to the controller, then set up your camera settings, then hit the VR button in the app and then put your phone in the goggles.

I should have time to play with mine tomorrow. I'll update more then.
Great! will wait for your update...
I was also looking for something better than the cheap options, in case there's something available.....

Great! will wait for your update...
I was also looking for something better than the cheap options, in case there's something available.....
Apparently the problem, is the controller needs to connect directly to the phone to use the app for the VR.
If you find a work around or better system, please let me know.

I'll definitely update this when I get to use the Google daydream goggles

I just wanted to update regarding the Google Daydream googles.

It should work...I was unable to get the two pictures (left and right eye) to line up in the goggles and make 1 image.

Most of the time, the goggles forced the Daydream app to open when I opened the lid area to adjust the size and width of the pictures using the VR in the Explorer app. This became VERY frustrating.

If I closed 1 eye (so looking through the goggles wouldn't be double/blurry) it was pretty cool! As this is my first experience using a phone in one of these goggles, I am sure it's user error.

On a side note, the VR of the Daydream is pretty cool. You can see the pixels of your phone, but it doesn't really take away from the VR experience. I am not someone who gets motion sick, but those roller coasters did a number on me, lol!

I just wanted to update regarding the Google Daydream googles.

It should work...I was unable to get the two pictures (left and right eye) to line up in the goggles and make 1 image.

Most of the time, the goggles forced the Daydream app to open when I opened the lid area to adjust the size and width of the pictures using the VR in the Explorer app. This became VERY frustrating.

If I closed 1 eye (so looking through the goggles wouldn't be double/blurry) it was pretty cool! As this is my first experience using a phone in one of these goggles, I am sure it's user error.

On a side note, the VR of the Daydream is pretty cool. You can see the pixels of your phone, but it doesn't really take away from the VR experience. I am not someone who gets motion sick, but those roller coasters did a number on me, lol!
Try the scary mansion and do it with big noise cancelling headphones, so you get into the ride.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman