Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

For those of you that will be using your drone to take a direct image of the sun...Read this

I’m pretty indifferent to the upcoming eclipse. But I have friends who travel to the far ends of the earth to witness and record them. One is headed to Oregon, the other is in Charleston. I have to assume that these are good viewing locations. Here in L.A. we’re supposed to get 60% sun coverage.

At 70 degree upward angle, I see no way to point my camera at the Sun. Other than someone's suggestion earlier of holding the drone in your hand. Can't see much point in that.

I'll have total eclipse here for a minute or so. 60 miles South of me is the best. I think I'll try hovering at a high altitude with my camera angled down about 20 degrees and see if I can record the shadow as it approaches.

Ever tried to hold the UAV at a upward angle? The camera always tries to stay horizontal. the further you tilt up the lower the camera goes to stay horizontal till it goes crazy fighting the tilt. :)

100% goof proof.......I will be in front of the TV. SAFE and these old eyes don't need to be chance burnt.
Let others do it with unlimited $$$$$$ for equipment and enjoy the hundreds of pic AFTER the fact.

I'm working tomorrow but hope to get a few pics of it if it's not overcast. Will post if I get any good ones.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials