Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying in Mexico

Am going to be in Baja México next year. Anyone have any information on flying regulations there?

FWIW - I just got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta with my Evo. When I got there we went through customs. They asked if we're bringing any food (they seem to be very concerned with bananas) and I said no, and they asked me to push the button. The sign turned green and we walked right in. I was a little prepared with a copy of my purchase receipt for the Evo in the bag, just in case they wanted me to pay taxes on it. So getting through customs was easy, but I don't know what would have happened if the sign turned red...

I flew the drone 3-4 times while we were there, and always from the roof of our villa. It overlooked the ocean, so I flew it out to get some nice shots of the coastline, as well as a couple orbit flights around the villa. No one ever said a thing about the drone (except my mother-in-law who thought it was invasive, lol) and I have some really nice footage.

Every situation is different, and I was a little nervous bringing it in. The laws seem to clearly state that it must be registered by a Mexican citizen, but what's unclear is how stringent they are about enforcing that... My guess is it depends on where you are entering from and/or flying, and maybe even how your customs agent feels that day. In other words, proceed with caution, and GOOD LUCK!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy