Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying from inside the vehicle

rkyleh

Reaction score
I wanted to fly my XSP and run down the battery's. I hate to admit it but I have been neglecting it. There was a conversation about flying from inside the van. I got a chance to try it out. Works like a champ. I didn't push the XSP very far I didn't want to have to recover it in all that snow. As long as you can see it the signal was strong never lost the video link. It sure is a lot more pleasant to fly this way heater,radio,comfortable seat. I will do this again one day soon and see if I can get any distance but for now a resounding success. I think the ford pickup would be better because it has a lot of glass all the way around.

Hell, thats AWESOME!! If i would have known that worked, I would fly alot more in the WINTER. Let us know what kind of distance you can get with the EXP. Had not idea you could do that. Was the windows up or down?

One other thing, are you putting the r/c up on the dash in front of the windshield or just sitting casual in the captains chair?

One other thing, are you putting the r/c up on the dash in front of the windshield or just sitting casual in the captains chair?

Windows up and just sitting with the controller about chest high. I wasn't sure how it would react so I was careful to keep in line of sight with the aircraft. I flew out a couple of thousand feet on one of the flights with no hiccups. I think it will go full distance. We shall see. I didn't use a sun shade and there was still a little glare so I will use the shade next time. One more thing get those battery's out of the case and setting on the floor by the heater or you will spend 5 minutes hovering to warm up the battery's. Believe me I know. :)

Last edited:
One more thing get those battery's out of the case and setting on the floor by the heater or you will spend 5 minutes hovering to warm up the battery's. Believe me I know. :)

Thanks. That answered a question I had.

Loved the video. Nice flying field.

Last edited:
I must say Iv heard of this, but having no car and just a bike..im kinda burnt out on winter flying..let some other hero freez there fingers off to git that money shot....but when some one is tracking a Big Foot out in Idaho this is a great way to do it in comfort and style and sure to git a million hits on you tube.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan