Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 pro RTK version 3 with rugged bundle and smart controller.

Checker

Reaction score
I purchased the EVO 2 pro RTK V3 last January which put my fleet of drones to 5. I was thinking of getting into mapping but it just never developed.
My main job now is only flying over roofs for insurance claims. This Drone has capabilities that I am not putting to use. Mapping and surveying are jobs it could do. There is nothing wrong with it . It flies great. I just feel more comfortable using a less expensive drone flying around tv antennas , and chimneys. This is the Rugged bundle, I purchased with the larger smart controller. It has 3 battery's,
charger for the controller, and a charger for the battery's. Hard case that's big enough to hold everything. It was purchased thru Madison Area drone service in Wisconsin.
Like new: 3400.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• 2023-12-16 13.12.56.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 2023-12-16 13.13.22.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 2023-12-16 13.14.50.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 2023-12-16 13.13.38.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 14
  • 2023-12-16 13.14.04.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 2023-12-16 13.14.33.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 2023-12-16 13.14.10.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just gotta say that you can buy this same setup brand new right now for $2999... normally it is $3800. I use this drone for mapping. The RTK is awesome.

Reactions: waynesportraits51
yes I was disappointed I saw the price drop that much. only 9 mos old. I did not know enough about the mapping when I bought it. Main thing I wanted the Smart controller with it. Found out that you need more software and a base station. I did not want to spend even more on it. Most of my flying is done over roofs for inspections.

yes I was disappointed I saw the price drop that much. only 9 mos old. I did not know enough about the mapping when I bought it. Main thing I wanted the Smart controller with it. Found out that you need more software and a base station. I did not want to spend even more on it. Most of my flying is done over roofs for inspections.
Depending on where you are, some states offer free base station corrections services. Or for me, it's $600 a year to get GPS corrections through WiFi from the state. Then you're correct that you need a processing software but there are cheap/free options for that as well. Maps made easy (Cheap) or WebODM (free). If I were you I'd look into getting the basics of drone mapping down and then offer high resolution, mapping grade accuracy orthomosaics as a new deliverable for your roof services. One nice image of the whole roof would be beneficial for sure, you can even get into 3D modeling to provide a model of the whole structure.

Depending on where you are, some states offer free base station corrections services. Or for me, it's $600 a year to get GPS corrections through WiFi from the state. Then you're correct that you need a processing software but there are cheap/free options for that as well. Maps made easy (Cheap) or WebODM (free). If I were you I'd look into getting the basics of drone mapping down and then offer high resolution, mapping grade accuracy orthomosaics as a new deliverable for your roof services. One nice image of the whole roof would be beneficial for sure, you can even get into 3D modeling to provide a model of the whole structure.
Yep , this a good system if there are no bugs in the V3 version. I bought my V2 version November 2022. I also have the V2 Enterprise. It's a stable system for mapping. I've got the smart controller for both also. I also bought Agisoft Metashape. It's some really cool software ! I enjoy using it but still learning the in's and out's. It can do a lot of amazing things. I highly recommend the software. When flying a site I use my state's RTN, it's also $600/year and well worth it as I also use it daily surveying with our Javad GNSS receivers. I've been trying to use the Javad receiver as a local base for the RTK flights but it's really complicated compared to the Emlid RS2. I've used the RS2 on a couple of sites mapping, it's useful when you don't have cell service.

"Or for me, it's $600 a year to get GPS corrections through WiFi from the state."

If you buy a RoboDot, it's FREE. Image correction utility is included.

Mapping is fun, but definitely requires time to learn what works for clients and what does not.

Regards,

Gerry

I purchased the EVO 2 pro RTK V3 last January which put my fleet of drones to 5. I was thinking of getting into mapping but it just never developed.
My main job now is only flying over roofs for insurance claims. This Drone has capabilities that I am not putting to use. Mapping and surveying are jobs it could do. There is nothing wrong with it . It flies great. I just feel more comfortable using a less expensive drone flying around tv antennas , and chimneys. This is the Rugged bundle, I purchased with the larger smart controller. It has 3 battery's,
charger for the controller, and a charger for the battery's. Hard case that's big enough to hold everything. It was purchased thru Madison Area drone service in Wisconsin.
Like new: 3400.00 plus shipping
Hi. Has this bird been sold?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo