Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying apps

hotsun

Reaction score
Which of these two apps B4UFly or Airspace is the most accurate? There seems to be differences in the information provided. I can only presume the FAA app B4UFly is correct since they control US airspace.

B4UFly is off on two of my locations by 5 miles!
Being I called my local tower yesterday at a location I was at.
The app showed inside the 5 mile zone.
Tower states your almost 4.8 miles outside the zone- happy flying he said.
This is the second time it's been off for me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Which of these two apps B4UFly or Airspace is the most accurate? There seems to be differences in the information provided. I can only presume the FAA app B4UFly is correct since they control US airspace.
I haven't tried Airspace but so far I have found B4UFly to be accurate. Is it possible/probable that Rixxie33's GPS on his mobile device is off? Just wondering....

Its possible to have a GPS off but for it to off by 4.8 miles it would have to be broken.
I don't use the app as I live in Canada but I do follow what many have said about the app. There is a lot of room for improvement. In the beginning there where a lot of corrections being made to the app and perhaps it still needs improving.

I haven't tried Airspace but so far I have found B4UFly to be accurate. Is it possible/probable that Rixxie33's GPS on his mobile device is off? Just wondering....
GPS works fine. The app is just not that precise. That's why I call and have the tower personal check by physical location.
Both times I called I found I was well outside the 5 mile flight zone.
Yet the app says different.

GPS works fine. The app is just not that precise. That's why I call and have the tower personal check by physical location.
Both times I called I found I was well outside the 5 mile flight zone.
Yet the app says different.

I'm looking at it right now on my iPhone and it can't be more than 50 feet off, but that's inside my house. I'll check it a few times over the next several days as I'll be moving around a bit. Mine gives a fairly detailed map so I know immediately if I'm in a good spot or if it's off.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials