Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flotation device

slvervper99

Reaction score
In about roughly 10 days, I will be going out to the lake (if it dos not rain) to take aerial vids of my friends water skiing, so I bought these pool noodle, cut them to size and attach on the landing legs, of course I have not tested these but they are mainly to keep the drone afloat for retrieval in cases of water crashes.

Attachments

• flotation device.JPG
    flotation device.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 62
Depending on your landing skills yes they will flip over. The Q500 if you take the longer front section and get them turned out helps make it stable. The smaller quads the landing gear is really not wide enough to give you that stability. This is why you see those WaterStrider's are spread out so much.
Not saying it can't be done but is it worth it lol.

Better off to use these if you want to do water landings and take off.

#DroneAnywhere

I would think the wind would be one of your problems when flying. The other thing I would like to see added to that is a quick release for the floats.

yes that was cool. I read some of the notes on his youtube channel and he said the floats sometime get in the way of video. And it cuts battery time down a fair bit and it bounces up and down. I guess from the extra weight.

Any weight added will cut down on your flight time, battery has to work harder for lift so flight time suffers. By how much is the question.

I would only use these in certain circumstances, most likely in still water like a pond that hopefully didn't happen to be the home of an alligator.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials