Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

flares and props shadows in camera

alex_markov

Reaction score
With MP flares and props shadows where a huge problem with M2P DJI solved the problem and I forgot about it till EVO 2 Pro - horrible flares and props shadows ruining a big part of the shots (see below)
Do You have some solution or moving on ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Edward Newman
With MP flares and pros shadows where a huge problem with M2P DJI solved the problem and I forgot about it till EVO 2 Pro - horrible flares and props shadows ruining a big part of the shots (see below)

That is pretty bad, the only solution is to come in from a different angle and than record knowing the sun is all powerful and makes its mark on everything.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Evo 2 in the Rain.

Reactions: alex_markov
Other then a ND filter that will help with the prop shadows not much else can be done in my opinion unless you use a different angle from the sun as suggested above.

Lower the angle of the camera. Mine is always -10 ° on every start, I don't have prop shadows and less glare, even restarting after a stop.

Lower the angle of the camera. Mine is always -10 ° on every start, I don't have prop shadows and less glare, even restarting after a stop.
Thank You, I have some ideas about how to avoid them - But when Your subject is 300 km. from home and You need to travel back after that You can't choose the light and angle a lot... :) ;)
Might be I just expected too much ;) but it's not too late my M2P is not sold yet ;) :)

Reactions: phantomrain.org
With MP flares and props shadows where a huge problem with M2P DJI solved the problem and I forgot about it till EVO 2 Pro - horrible flares and props shadows ruining a big part of the shots (see below)
Sun shining on EVO 2 Pro propellers, sunlight also illuminating the particles in the air in front of the EVO PRO 2 just like projecting a Image onto a movie screen. I play around with visual effects sometimes misting water and Projecting an image onto the missing water. It gives you a ghost like affect and I noticed in your video it look like we had particles of fog or dewpoint in the air.

The next time you encounter the shadow effect turn the aircraft 180° and see if it goes away. Just a friendly suggestion. Happy flying!

Sun shining on EVO 2 Pro propellers, sunlight also illuminating the particles in the air in front of the EVO PRO 2 just like projecting a Image onto a movie screen. I play around with visual effects sometimes misting water and Projecting an image onto the missing water. It gives you a ghost like affect and I noticed in your video it look like we had particles of fog or dewpoint in the air.

The next time you encounter the shadow effect turn the aircraft 180° and see if it goes away. Just a friendly suggestion. Happy flying!
No need for 180 even smaller turns make it go, problem is when You subject is there ;)
And You are right - I was going out of a cloud in this particular case!

I have purchased CPL filter - cross Your fingers it'll mitigate the problem even a little ;)

Another thing to bear in mind is that this time of year, the sun is lower in the sky. It's harder to keep it from shining on the front lens.
I have attempted to reduce this issue by adding a flat visor to the front of the craft, hanging out over the camera. It helps a little. On my old Typhoon H, I built an eyebrow out of aluminum pop can material and glued it to the ND16 filter. That worked quite well. But the EVO II Pro camera doesn't have enough clearance for an eyebrow on the lens.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58