Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal problem after 2.7.45 update and gimbal version according Autel webpage

Persuader

Reaction score
Hello,

After getting my Autel Evo II Pro V1 useless because of the gimbal shaking crazily with the last official update 2.7.45 I would like to inform everyone about the problem and the possible reason, just in case someone can contact Autel more directly than me (I have sent emails to Autel support in the last hours).

My problem can be seen here. There are other people affected as you can see.

And checking the Autel firmware webpage (V1 Firmware Version Table-Autel Robotics Camera Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones) gimbal version por V1 standard remote is V0.1.64.0. This is the same version for V2 drone with standard and smart remote. But for the Smart remote for V1 the version number is V0.1.55.0. Maybe there is some kind of mistake in the gimbal version deployed with the firmware.

V1 firmware table:

V1.png

V2 firmware table:

V2.png

I hope that the solution will come soon because my drone is inoperative because of an official update and this is serious.

Reactions: Alex of Oz
I am in the same basket as you, wih an inoperative V1 EVO 2 Pro 6K, currently waiting on their R&D team to get back to the Autel Support person I am dealing with. I had no idea the gimbal could actually invert 180 degrees on itself until it did this after updating to firmware 2.7.45. o_O

Fingers crossed this is something they can sort via firmware update for the few of us still using our V1's, and that it happens before it is officially deprecated soon.

I am in the same basket as you, wih an inoperative V1 EVO 2 Pro 6K, currently waiting on their R&D team to get back to the Autel Support person I am dealing with. I had no idea the gimbal could actually invert 180 degrees on itself until it did this after updating to firmware 2.7.45. o_O

Fingers crossed this is something they can sort via firmware update for the few of us still using our V1's, and that it happens before it is officially deprecated soon.
Downgrading firmware solved the issue.

Reactions: Alex of Oz
Downgrading firmware solved the issue.
As I just discovered over here! Travesty averted, and my big orange bird is just as wonderful as always!

Considering this model is to be deprecated, I'll be leaving it on this firmware, and not updating the Autel Explorer app ever again. If it works, it don't need fixing! ;)

I installed the latest version V2.7.47 (EVO II V1) released on April 7th and there were no issues at all with flight.

The gimbal firmware version is at V0.1.66.0 across the board now.

What is the version you downgraded to?
First downgraded to 2.7.35. And after that, I updated to 2.7.37. Because it is not possible to downgrade directly to 2.7.37 (2.7.37 it's only a patch to apply over 2.7.35, which is a main firmware version).

Right after the firmware update from 2.445 to 2.747 the self-check started failing. Yesterday I deleted Autel Exp from my cell and re-installed it.
Today I started up the Autel EVO 2 Pro V1 and it seems Ok but since the remote battery had gone down I'm charging and keeping my fingers crossed. Later on, I will try flying after re-doing the GPS calibration.

* * * I redid the GPS calibration and flew it for 2 minutes 40 to 50 feet high and 60 to 75 feet away and landed back.
It went well, tomorrow I'll go a little further away and test until I feel confident.

I tried flying again a bit further away and things went fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBEPLS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials