Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

TheMann58

Reaction score
I updated the firmware on my Evo II Pro this evening to firmware version 2.5.0 dated Aug-04-2020. After successfully completing the firmware update from the Autel Explorer app on my Android mobile device connected to the remote control (RC), I power cycled the Evo II aircraft and RC as instructed. After rebooting the aircraft and the RC, I found I had no live video feed appearing on my mobile device (CrystalSky Ultra Bright monitor). Yikes! I could control the gimbal pitch but no live video was displayed in the Autel Explorer app and all the camera settings on the bottom of the main display screen read “N/A.” I powered cycled the aircraft and the RC and restarted the Autel Explorer app on my mobile device two more times with the same result.

I then disconnected my mobile device from the RC and rebooted the Evo II aircraft and the RC. When I pushed the DISP button on the back right of the RC to switch the RC’s built-in display to live video, I just got the endlessly circling “wait-a-second” icon and a blank screen instead of live video. Not good! For a moment I thought the version 2.5.0 firmware was faulty or it had gotten corrupted during the firmware update process.

Fortunately, I was able to restore full live video functionality as follows. After reconnecting my mobile device to the Autel Evo RC and power cycling the aircraft and the RC, I started checking all the various menu settings in the Autel Explorer app. This is ALWAYS a prudent practice following a firmware or an app update. When I got to the “Image Transmission” menu, I found that all the menu settings read “N/A.” I tapped on Channel Mode and was able to select 2.4G as the correct (and only available) setting. Similarly, I changed Broadband Settings from “N/A” to “10 MHz” and, finally, changed Image Transmission Mode from “N/A” to “Smooth.” (Note: I am sure the other available settings for Broadband and Transmission Mode would have worked equally well.)

Apparently, during the firmware update process, the Image Transmission menu settings were all deleted or zeroed out, thus, the unuseable “N/A” readings displayed on the menu. When I exited the Image Transmission menu after changing these three menu items to good settings, the Autel Explorer app was one again displaying live video from the Autel Evo II aircraft. Hallelujah! I also checked the RC in standalone mode (without a mobile device connected) and I was now able to see live video from the Autel Evo II on the built-in RC OLED display after pressing the “DISP” button. Hallelujah again!

Let me know if any of you experience this same issue after updating your Evo II to firmware version 2.5.0. If so, hopefully the procedure above will also help you.

Nope, all went fine. Usually when there is no video feed you can unplug the cable for some seconds and everything is fine after. Known problem.

Nope, all went fine. Usually when there is no video feed you can unplug the cable for some seconds and everything is fine after. Known problem.
Yeah - I actually tried the cable unplug/replug thing several times first before the power cycles. It didn’t work in this instance.

Reactions: Micander
Hmm... weird. Until now i haven't heard from anyone else with this problem. I hope it was a one time thing.

Yeah - it’s starting to look like this was a one-off, phase-of-the-moon thing. I feel so “special.” Glad no one else is having this problem. I look forward to checking out new 2.5.0 firmware features today.

I'm wondering if it had something to do with his device being its a CrystalSky.
Possibly, but I also couldn’t get a live video signal on the stand-alone Autel Evo RC with no mobile device connected and pressing the DISP button UNTIL after I reset the menu settings on the Image Transmission menu (which I did by reconnecting the CrystalSky to the RC and power cycling aircraft and RC).

Note: unlugging and reconnecting the USB cable between my CrstalSky and the Evo II RC multiple times did not restore the live video signal. Under normal circumstances this typically restores live video on the first attempt.

I also recall seeing a “Gimbal not ready” error message on several power-ups of the aircraft (before live video was restored) even though the camera gimbal did its normal startup gyrations and I could move the camera up and down with the gimbal wheel on the RC. I’ve never seen this “gimbal not ready” warning message before this firmware update.

Well it is rare that everything gets reset back to default on some firmware updates but it does happen. Like you said with every update go through your settings and I usually recalibrate my drones just to make sure. Taking 5 minutes out of your day is cheap insurance.

Glad to hear you got video going again, scary but good it’s okay now.

I ran a few flights yesterday after the update, couple of things didn’t seem right. First, Obstacle avoidance when on seems more sensitive. On returning from a flight using RTH feature, the Evo 2 slowed down, speed wasn’t constant plus wasn’t flying a straight path back. Kind of weaving left to right on route back during RTH, was weird. I don’t use obstacle avoidance on most flight, sometimes just leave it on or I forget to turn it off.

When turning off obstacle avoidance, this went away during RTH everything back to normal. With the RTH landing, it made more adjustments to land dead center on pad. So yes it’s definitely an improvement, but it was making these adjustments to land on pad when it didn’t need to it was already dead center while making the landing.

Example, was already on decent landing few feet above pad dead center then it makes another adjustments flying way off 10-15 feet away then quickly flies back above pad and lands.

I’ll try again today, anyone else noticing these behavior acts with the new update?

Still, a positive swing in the right direction. Pretty sure we’ll be seeing another update based from what I experienced.

Paul

It works with my phone (Samsung Galaxy J7). The app works but doesn't have the video feed on my Tab A, and it works on my IPAD mini (though the video doesn't take up the full screen. I played with every app setting I can think of to get the Tab A to work (works with a Phantom 4 Pro, an Inspire 1, and a Parrot Anafi), but just can't get it to work. Anyone else have experience with that tablet?

I had the same issue with my smartphone and here my fix.
I have noticed that, Autel App show red window with AIRCRAFT and RC Disconnected, while, they was connected: To check I have removed the USB cable and than pushed DISP on remote controller, and Live video was there, while, connecting the cable, the message (only the message, but not real) show DISCONNECTED
Remove Autel Explorer from the smartphone and install it again.
In this way everything has been fixed

I had the same issue with my smartphone and here my fix.
I have noticed that, Autel App show red window with AIRCRAFT and RC Disconnected, while, they was connected: To check I have removed the USB cable and than pushed DISP on remote controller, and Live video was there, while, connecting the cable, the message (only the message, but not real) show DISCONNECTED
Remove Autel Explorer from the smartphone and install it again.
In this way everything has been fixed
Thank you for the suggestion. It didn't work, but I appreciate the thought. I'll probably just use my phone. The reason I wanted the larger screen was for mapping and speaking of that... Another thing I've noticed is that every time I start the app, I get notice that I didn't finish the last mission and do I want to complete it. I did run a model this morning, but the data collection completed. Is there something I have to clear?

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Thank you for the suggestion. It didn't work, but I appreciate the thought. I'll probably just use my phone. The reason I wanted the larger screen was for mapping and speaking of that... Another thing I've noticed is that every time I start the app, I get notice that I didn't finish the last mission and do I want to complete it. I did run a model this morning, but the data collection completed. Is there something I have to clear?
try to uninstal the app and, using a FILE MANAGER APP, remove all folders referring to AUTEL or EXPLORER (check them before deleting)

Reactions: Antoine.scuba
try to uninstal the app and, using a FILE MANAGER APP, remove all folders referring to AUTEL or EXPLORER (check them before deleting)
I deleted the app, found and deleted the Explorer folder, found and deleted an AUTEL txt file , rebooted, then loaded the app again. turned off WiFi and tried it again. Checked the video transmission tab and it was set up like another message in this thread. No luck. It runs missions just fine, but that doesn't have a video feed. All the camera controls are visible, just not the video or picture feed. It's a 2017 version Samsung TAB A. It runs fine on my phone, which is a cheap Samsung J7. I just have trouble moving the points around for the mapping app in the phone. Which tablets, if any does every one else use? I found a place online that listed the TAB A as compatible with Autel Explorer, but that was with the XSTAR.

Why tablet? today most of smartphone have big display.
I have bought POCO F2 PRO with 6.69" and it is fast, powerfull and very high brightness even under direct sun
And now it is € 352,00
Anyway, as far as regarding the issue, I have been able to solve in that whay ....

It works with my phone (Samsung Galaxy J7). The app works but doesn't have the video feed on my Tab A, and it works on my IPAD mini (though the video doesn't take up the full screen. I played with every app setting I can think of to get the Tab A to work (works with a Phantom 4 Pro, an Inspire 1, and a Parrot Anafi), but just can't get it to work. Anyone else have experience with that tablet?
I have the exact same problem with the exact same tablet. Evo II Pro works just fine with the Google Pixel 3, and the tablet works perfectly with an Inspire 1 Pro. Contacted Autel Service, and we're doing a back and forth with emails trying to ferret out the problem. I'll post if anything useful comes from it.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I have the exact same problem with the exact same tablet. Evo II Pro works just fine with the Google Pixel 3, and the tablet works perfectly with an Inspire 1 Pro. Contacted Autel Service, and we're doing a back and forth with emails trying to ferret out the problem. I'll post if anything useful comes from it.
I hope they figure it out soon. I modified my DJI tablet extension to fit on the Autel (I don't like having to take my case off) and it took 9 hours to print.

I have a samsung 2 tab 2017 model and it did not have video display either. I bought a new samsung tablet 10 inch and the screen display is fine. mounted on a customized lifthor holder

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials