Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First Thermal Video

slvervper99

Reaction score
Finally got to try out my jury rigged thermal camera to the drone. The pic showed on how I attached the I phone to the drone, when it took off, I thought it was going to crash because the drone veered to the heavier side (where the I phone was attached.) but the flight became steady - not very steady but controllable nonetheless. By the way, the Seek Thermal was meant with the camera lens facing the back side of the I phone and not the front part so the vid was upside down, I had to rotate it so you will see that the temperature is upside down.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Finally got to try out my jury rigged thermal camera to the drone. The pic showed on how I attached the I phone to the drone, when it took off, I thought it was going to crash because the drone veered to the heavier side (where the I phone was attached.) but the flight became steady - not very steady but controllable nonetheless. By the way, the Seek Thermal was meant with the camera lens facing the back side of the I phone and not the front part so the vid was upside down, I had to rotate it so you will see that the temperature is upside down.
That’s pretty cool! It’s alive!

Interesting... Would it work with a Lightning extension cable? Might offer more mounting options(?)
I would think that this may work with the lightning extension cable but obviously haven't tried that. :)

Play around with the different color settings. I use the black and white setting, or the one that is kinda orange (don't remember what color they call that). With one of those color settings and focusing the camera I can actually get a fairly detailed pic of what I am looking at. More so than with the color setting you were using that has a lot of different colors based on the heat signature.

Play around with the different color settings. I use the black and white setting, or the one that is kinda orange (don't remember what color they call that). With one of those color settings and focusing the camera I can actually get a fairly detailed pic of what I am looking at. More so than with the color setting you were using that has a lot of different colors based on the heat signature.
Thank you, I actually forgot to do that, was just excited I was able to make the thermal cam's maiden flight without crashing :D, but will definitely try different settings next time. Also, I am thinking about buying velcro straps instead of keeping on using zip ties. :D

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE