Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First Snow Fall

Ugh I am not looking forward to winter. After spending the last 18 years in the desert I am not sure I want to be out in that crap double ugh
By the way you need to dust of the XSP and exercise her wings. I took mine up on the mountain and was grinning all the time I had her up in the air. I really like the EVO but the XSP is special.

Ugh I am not looking forward to winter. After spending the last 18 years in the desert I am not sure I want to be out in that crap double ugh

I know what you mean, after spending a Christmas at my brothers place in Freeport Bahamas (32 days total) they had to drag me to the airport :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
By the way you need to dust of the XSP and exercise her wings. I took mine up on the mountain and was grinning all the time I had her up in the air. I really like the EVO but the XSP is special.
My tropical XSP is adapting to the desert pretty quickly. I can take off from my own yard, like Ag, which is kinda cool! I’m also liking the shorter days that never get above 80F. Snow? It’s real pretty from a distance, but I’m not sure I could handle it. I’ve been in warm climates my whole life!

If its not raining here one day then it is snowing the next. None of it stays on the ground very long but it sure does make the days very gloomy. A little sunshine would be nice but then it will probably be windy as heck.

I guess I brought record rains to the Phoenix area, especially so late in the season (for here). Temperatures dropped into the 50’s — thunderstorms, flooding all around me, roads washed-out. Very entertaining lightening against the mountain background though, except it was 2AM. No way you could sleep through it :( I’ve had 5 loud iPhone flash flood alerts in AZ in 3 weeks. I had 3 in 10 years in Hilo....go figure...

314597F8-5A64-4DAE-852E-9D7B3361E30B.jpeg

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The picture above are two of my visitors pretty much from 8AM till just after 6PM. If I let them them they will clean me out of bird seed pretty darn fast. The gray squirrels are cute but a pain in the butt with thew bird feeders. The Blue Jays are just as bad with knocking the feeders all over the place so the seeds will fall to the ground. This time of the year the only small birds coming to the feeders are sparrows and chic-a-dees. They all are in gear up for winter mode.

Yea, I bet. Many birds must have left already?? I can’t even tell you the kind of birds I’m seeing since I’m not used to the desert. Hummingbirds are everywhere so I put-up a feeder — now it’s a war zone. I’ve been told all critter activity will slow down as it cools down, but it seems like there’s always something moving when I look outside....

That is a nice picture. With that slight bit of color it looks like one of the early coloring process's. Is it in HDR?

I drove my son into town this morning. Took all my photo tools with me. Left the quadcopters in their cases as it was friken cold out. Had my DSLR on bracketing for 3 photos. It was so cold I did not spend much time on any settings. Once home in Adobe Lightroom I tried to put what I had photographed into some kind of HDR photos. This is the result. Not the best but it is what it is LOL

DTzMtnW.jpg

ryrwQbS.jpg

4mCgTs0.jpg

Y6E4xj8.jpg

BcheENo.jpg

NYQ5P6O.jpg

P7lPpnp.jpg

361bWbZ.jpg

I drove my son into town this morning. Took all my photo tools with me. Left the quadcopters in their cases as it was friken cold out. Had my DSLR on bracketing for 3 photos. It was so cold I did not spend much time on any settings. Once home in Adobe Lightroom I tried to put what I had photographed into some kind of HDR photos. This is the result. Not the best but it is what it is LOL

DTzMtnW.jpg

ryrwQbS.jpg

4mCgTs0.jpg

Y6E4xj8.jpg

BcheENo.jpg

NYQ5P6O.jpg

P7lPpnp.jpg

361bWbZ.jpg
Nice shots. It just looks to cold for us octogenarians.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo