Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ flying in snow & engines stopping

EmillienR

Reaction score
Hi there pilots, anyone tried to fly Nano+ in snowing conditions? I understand snowing as in light snowfall, or snow falling from a tree due to light wind. Furthermore does anyone know if Nano+ stops its engines when twisted upside down e.g. while hand landing?

Hi there pilots, anyone tried to fly Nano+ in snowing conditions? I understand snowing as in light snowfall, or snow falling from a tree due to light wind. Furthermore does anyone know if Nano+ stops its engines when twisted upside down e.g. while hand landing?
Yes the motors stop when you hand catch and flip it over

Yes the motors stop when you hand catch and flip it over
Thanks. I had it my Spark and used it quite often in winter/autumn despite using a landing pad. Just wondering whether it is neutral for the drone like in DJI (at least they stated so).

Hi there in the next year :D I reheat the topic of flying in light snowfall. Has anyone tried it? Is it safe? Or is it better not to have such ideas?

Hi there in the next year :D I reheat the topic of flying in light snowfall. Has anyone tried it? Is it safe? Or is it better not to have such ideas?
My guess is that this would not be the greatest idea.

Use your brain, the Nano + has a Fan...it sucks all water inside the circuit board. You can guarantee the outcome.

Use your brain, the Nano + has a Fan...it sucks all water inside the circuit board. You can guarantee the outcome.
My guess is that this would not be the greatest idea.
Just as I thought :D Have a great next year! @rcee I see your location is Netherlands. How do you interpret upcoming EASA changes? Will you fly Nano+ as up-to-day in Open A1 or do you stand in position that since we don't really know its MTOM and its not the same as TOW, it should fly only in Open A3 subcategory?

Reactions: rcee
Just as I thought :D Have a great next year! @rcee I see your location is Netherlands. How do you interpret upcoming EASA changes? Will you fly Nano+ as up-to-day in Open A1 or do you stand in position that since we don't really know its MTOM and its not the same as TOW, it should fly only in Open A3 subcategory?
HNY, regarding the EU Reg. i'll keep up on this:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles