Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First flight

MitchNC

Reaction score
Well, the thing is awesome. I have 5 mph winds. I mostly just hovered at about 10 feet so I could play with the settings and get used to things. When I pressed Return To Home, my heart exploded when it shot up into the air. I thought I had a flyaway, then I remembered what was happening.

Because the only other drone I've used is a Parrot AR, it's really going to take time to get confident. That thing sucked. The tiniest puff of wind would flip it over and crash it. So I'm still not trusting.

Yeah, that Return to Home scared the heck out of me too.

That could be fatal for a drone if you have it under a bridge or tree canopy and lose signal.

Because the only other drone I've used is a Parrot AR, it's really going to take time to get confident. That thing sucked. The tiniest puff of wind would flip it over and crash it. So I'm still not trusting.

Since you seem to be a new pilot I can only assume you have no idea of what you are doing with the Parrot Anafi. I have flown mine in 30 MPH winds and it fly's just fine. Actually better then my Autel X-Star that is all over the place in winds like that. The Anafi even lands better in strong winds so I have no idea what your problem is.

Correct. I have no idea what I'm doing with the Parrot Anafi. Because I've never used one.

When I pressed Return To Home, my heart exploded when it shot up into the air. I thought I had a flyaway, then I remembered what was happening.

On the XSP, pressing PAUSE will cancel the Return To Home. I'm sure there is an override on the EVO.

Ha! Yeah, it's about 5 years old. Fun technology for the time, but I was afraid to go above 30 feet because I never knew when it would flip over. It's hanging on my office wall as a decoration.

Isn't there a height setting for RTH as in the DJIs? I thought I saw that in the same menu where maximum height and speed, I could be dreaming. What is bothering me about RTH is 2 things, it can be a bit inconsistent in its accuracy and I had heard about it but just experienced for the first time a "unsure home point" or something like that. DIdn't allow me to fly away from where I was, no not the app or the bird ..... the fear. :oops:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc