Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Loss of signal range on my Evo I

konoplya

Reaction score
So last year my Evo I flew away, but luckily hit a nearby tree and I was able to recover. Sent it to Autel they fixed it. I flew it a couple times afterwards, but didn't really fly it much afterwards at all until recently. Over the last few weeks I noticed that the signal would get disconnected very often, even when I'm able to see the drone. The distances would be between 1000 - 1500 feet away. Sometimes it would disconnect yet I'm still able to see the video signal on my phone and see what the drone is doing when it auto RTH itself. Its very strange. I used to be able to fly it over 2000 feet away with no loss of signal. When I do go far out its usually outside the city around flat land with limited structures around, so I'm not sure what the hell is happening.

Should I get a range extender of some sort (not sure if that's a thing for this drone)

I'm on Firmware 1.4.9, had to downgrade from 1.5.8 since that's the firmware that cause my drone to go haywire on the first flight and fly away. My previous version was 1.4.9 so I downgraded to that.

Not many replies, that's because not many people have the Evo 1, they don't know what there missing, I've got the 1 and 2 Pro, apart from the extra gadgetry on the 2Pro, to be honest I prefer my 1. Anyway, your problem, first, dont bother with range exte ders, rubbish, you never said where you are, in Europe the transmit signal is lower than in the USA and many other countries, it sets the power automatically as from GPS it knows where it is... however I'm in the UK, lower power and I have flown over a mile away with no problem. As it's an EVO 1 and has no warranty left, I'd take the back off the controller and see if one if the 2 aerial wires has snapped off, this was common, if not check the other end of the antenna cables, they are a push fit onto the board output, I would ease them off, clean and re fit, both if them. The antenna in the drone is in the right hand front leg ( my best recollection... double check) if you have had a crash did the legs get damaged, I.e. have Autel put the antenna back in the right place, or have they out it back at all, yes it would still work just, but the distance would be rubbish.... ahhh yes, that's what you have.. ha-ha. Good luck

Not many replies, that's because not many people have the Evo 1, they don't know what there missing, I've got the 1 and 2 Pro, apart from the extra gadgetry on the 2Pro, to be honest I prefer my 1. Anyway, your problem, first, dont bother with range exte ders, rubbish, you never said where you are, in Europe the transmit signal is lower than in the USA and many other countries, it sets the power automatically as from GPS it knows where it is... however I'm in the UK, lower power and I have flown over a mile away with no problem. As it's an EVO 1 and has no warranty left, I'd take the back off the controller and see if one if the 2 aerial wires has snapped off, this was common, if not check the other end of the antenna cables, they are a push fit onto the board output, I would ease them off, clean and re fit, both if them. The antenna in the drone is in the right hand front leg ( my best recollection... double check) if you have had a crash did the legs get damaged, I.e. have Autel put the antenna back in the right place, or have they out it back at all, yes it would still work just, but the distance would be rubbish.... ahhh yes, that's what you have.. ha-ha. Good luck
off topic: Why would you prefer evo 1 over evo 2 pro? I've been thinking about upgrading but not sure if it is worth paying the extras, thanks anyway .

.... As it's an EVO 1 and has no warranty left, I'd take the back off the controller and see if one if the 2 aerial wires has snapped off ....

Would be very interesting for me, how did you open the controller ?
I found the two screws under the sticker, but I got it not open, are there further screws ?
Can you post a picture how to get the controller open ?

Thanks, Ernst

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d