Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First flight(s) observations

road_rascal

Reaction score
Hi- I did two 15 minute flights with my new XSP today at my lake cabin. The XSP flew very well in 6-10 mph winds. Since I'm getting the feel for the new quad I only flew in GPS mode and didn't do any waypoints or any other fancy modes yet. Took off and landed manually (didn't use the auto take-off and land) and didn't have any problems. Right now I'm using an older Galaxy S4 (Android 4.4.4) that has been wiped clean (not rooted) and has the Starlink app as the only downloaded program. It works OK but has a lot of video lagging and I definitely would not use the S4 for fast flights. The Starlink app did crash on the second flight when I tried to change video mode to camera to take photos. The LCD screen on the controller is super nice. I'll try my Galaxy Tab A next. I would use my S6 but the USB port is flaky. I'm still using the stock FW that came with the quad and I'll wait a while before I install the new FW.

Before launching I got 13 GPS locks and in the air I had 17-20 (I have a lot of trees around the lot so having 13 locks at launch is assuring- my older 3DR Robotics Iris+ would only lock onto 8-10 on the ground). So far I'm very happy with this bird. Once I get used to the flight characteristics of it I'll do a few waypoints over the lake and hopefully get some decent video footage.

Cheers.

Reactions: Wrsdas
Did one more 15 minute flight this time using my Galaxy Tab A 10" tablet. Very little lag and the app didn't crash when I switched from video to photos. I guess I'll be using the tablet from now on.

Reactions: Wrsdas

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo