Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First bad battery

dguyton670

Reaction score
I've been flying my (used) XSP for about a month now with no issues, love the bird and the camera/gimbal seems top-notch. When I realized they were being discontinued, I bit the bullet and ordered one new.

That bird arrived today, and the battery seems dead. Won't wake up on the charger and won't power up/down as I have come to expect. Since it's after hours I emailed support, but I thought I would throw this out to the forum as well, to see if there may be something I missed.

Any ideas?

You could try to put it on the charger and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds. This is a reset for these batteries but unfortunately we have seen a couple of these posts where the battery arrived dead. If that does not work contact Autel and get it replaced. It will be covered under warranty.
Seems if you are lucky enough to find a new unit the batteries have been sitting to long without proper care and go dead.

Reactions: KentA
Thanks for the response. I read every battery related post on this forum, and tried both the 12 and 20 - second resets with no joy. Even tried it using both chargers.

Guess it's wait for the support response.

Yeah been there done that!
They need to not ship the batteries in the bird!
Good thing is you had brought it from them and can prove it. They will honor your request at no charge, I'm sure.
BTW not sure you have a brand new one, since they stopped all XSP operations for awhile now, but even getting a refurbished one is a feat in itself nowadays. Good Luck

It is new, but from another vendor. CS rep took my info and started the replacement ball rolling... but batteries are still out of stock so it might be awhile. A vendor on Amazon has some, but they are $149 each.

I guess that supply and demand stuff I learned in Macro Economics back in the day still works.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d