Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Finally Flying!

swmdyna

Reaction score
I've had my EVO since late December but finally flew it for the first time last week. Over the years I have crashed RC planes and a few RC helos, some on their maiden flights. Even when UAVs became popular, I stayed away from the sport (why kill innocent drones I don't even know?). After reading and watching great reviews about what Autel and other companies are producing, I figured I'd give this sport a try. I bought a Tello (with simplified DJI technology) when I ordered my EVO. With range limitation spotty (even with added range extension) I was still able to learn and built my confidence with a UAV at 1/10 the cost of my EVO. After logging in hours of flight I decided to graduate to the orange drone last week. OH MY! On my first flight I realized I waited too long to get the EVO out. I felt like the kid that finally rides his bike without training wheel - "this is easy, this is awesome, why did I wait so long?" Oh well, we do time within our own time. Along the way I have learned a lot from forum posts and answers on this site - thank you all! This is just a "warm-fuzzy" post for anyone on the fence about purchasing an EVO, or maybe you have one but its waiting in the box. Do what you have to do, hours on a less expensive drone, baby steps, research, whatever it takes. Use common sense, always be safety minded, practice before you fly, but get out there and fly! And now to take my own advice, I'm heading back out.

Great post. I started the other way around. I first flew a Phantom and ended up with a Tello. Although the bigger drones like an evo are great to fly and the view up there is just amazing, there is something about the Tello that just makes it a blast to fly around. Hope you enjoy your Evo for years to come and keep on flying!

Reactions: swmdyna and macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo