Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Federal Charges for these knuckleheads - good!!

I'm happy to see these people get charged!

People like these ruin it for everyone. This is why, as much as I hate DJI's geofencing, I fully understand why they have it in place. Speaking of which, they must have been flying non-DJI drones.

People like these ruin it for everyone. This is why, as much as I hate DJI's geofencing, I fully understand why they have it in place. Speaking of which, they must have been flying non-DJI drones.
This is the Bengals game:
I beleive I saw a photo on Twitter when it happened and it looked like a Mavic mini, maybe...

Reactions: flyingfool
I can't believe flying an unregistered drone carries a steeper penalty than flying in a restricted area. 3 vs 1 year.

I can't believe flying an unregistered drone carries a steeper penalty than flying in a restricted area. 3 vs 1 year.
A lot easier to levy fines and cause grief just by saying "let me see your paperwork." You don't even have to fly.

I am surprised, either it had hacked FW, or the tablet/phone was in airplane mode so it was unable to pull down the TFR. Here in FL the Tampa stadium is right next to the airport so even if there is no TFR its still restricted airspace which means this would not happen here without a FW hack or a non DJI drone.

Chances are these Clowns were totally uninformed Yahoos that had no clue on Drone Rules and Probably were using some cheap Camera Drone purchased at Walmart or something. No mention was made of the manufacturer of the Drones!

They deserve what they get!

Chances are these Clowns were totally uninformed Yahoos that had no clue on Drone Rules and Probably were using some cheap Camera Drone purchased at Walmart or something. No mention was made of the manufacturer of the Drones!

They deserve what they get!

They said in their comments section on their own video that they used DJI. Every time the FAA focuses on other things idiots like these bring drones back into the public eye for everyone. I still say it's only a matter of time before one brings down a plane or crashes into a politician's relative, or flies over the White House and we will all be shut down for good.

Reactions: Steve Zuke
I am surprised, either it had hacked FW, or the tablet/phone was in airplane mode so it was unable to pull down the TFR. Here in FL the Tampa stadium is right next to the airport so even if there is no TFR its still restricted airspace which means this would not happen here without a FW hack or a non DJI drone.
Probably hacked, there are a few sites you can use to do this. I never knew you can put the phone in airplane mode to bypass the geofencing.

Probably hacked, there are a few sites you can use to do this. I never knew you can put the phone in airplane mode to bypass the geofencing.

It won't bypass it, but it won't be able to pull down TFRs or new geofenced boundaries, and it only works if you never start the app with a cell signal. When I used DJI drones I had a dedicated iPad and it never left airplane mode, so the database never got updated from 2016 when I first installed the app. Since TFRs don't last very long, if you are in airplane mode then they are the most likely to never get into the database.

It is also possible that it was not in airplane mode but the cell towers were so congested that the app never had enough bandwidth to pull down the update. During big events cell traffic gets pretty congested.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials