Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Favorite mapping programs

Reaction score
So I am pretty new to all this and am looking to subscribe to a 3d mapping program wither it be pix4d or DroneDeploy or another program. Almost every video I've watched talks dji and how it works with the programs. I have yet to find a good video on how any of the programs work with autel. What is everyone using and liking?

I'm using Agisoft Metashape for image processing. I'm really glad I bought it, it was recommended by Dave Pitman here on the forum.

It's pretty self-explanatory and Agisoft has a lot of good basic tutorials. I bought the software when I got my EVO II Pro RTK V2. I think I paid about $3500 for the node locked version, however you can deactivate on one machine and activate the license on another. I do this all the time as I just recently bought a really good workstation I use at home and I've got a 4-5 year old workstation I can also use at the office for processing in Agisoft when I'm working on other things on my other office workstation.

There's a lot of tweaks you can use in Agisoft, I've been using about a year now and I'm confident in the surfaces I create. I'm just now discovering all kinds of methods to really refine the final product.

It's great software for image processing ! I've only begun to scratch the surface of all the capabilities it has.

Hi, the Autel Explorer app has a mission capability second to none. I use my EVO ll V1 drones (6k&8k) to create photos for mapping. I then use WebODM to produce 2D&3D maps. I also use the Free Map Pilot Pro to do photo missions with my DJI Air2s and then map with WebODM.

Regards,
Richard

So I am pretty new to all this and am looking to subscribe to a 3d mapping program wither it be pix4d or DroneDeploy or another program. Almost every video I've watched talks dji and how it works with the programs. I have yet to find a good video on how any of the programs work with autel. What is everyone using and liking?
I do my own processing with SimActive Correlator3D. This software is drone agnostic.

For processing, i use Maps Made Easy. Seems to be the most cost effective place that I've found. While they do favor DJI, they also do any set of images.

Like Richard I also use WebODM and am very pleased with it and all of the options that it offers. I did purchase the Windows installation option that makes installation easier.

Reactions: redleger
Hi, the Autel Explorer app has a mission capability second to none. I use my EVO ll V1 drones (6k&8k) to create photos for mapping. I then use WebODM to produce 2D&3D maps. I also use the Free Map Pilot Pro to do photo missions with my DJI Air2s and then map with WebODM.

Regards,
Richard
I've been doing this with my E2P but was looking for an app I could do it with my Air 2s too. Thank you. I was looking at Litci but the Map Pilot Pro looks better. Does it have the option for Imperial and metric settings?

I'm using Agisoft Metashape for image processing. I'm really glad I bought it, it was recommended by Dave Pitman here on the forum.

It's pretty self-explanatory and Agisoft has a lot of good basic tutorials. I bought the software when I got my EVO II Pro RTK V2. I think I paid about $3500 for the node locked version, however you can deactivate on one machine and activate the license on another. I do this all the time as I just recently bought a really good workstation I use at home and I've got a 4-5 year old workstation I can also use at the office for processing in Agisoft when I'm working on other things on my other office workstation.

There's a lot of tweaks you can use in Agisoft, I've been using about a year now and I'm confident in the surfaces I create. I'm just now discovering all kinds of methods to really refine the final product.

It's great software for image processing ! I've only begun to scratch the surface of all the capabilities it has.

Thank you I'll have to look into it

Reactions: EBERLS

Regards,
Richard
I'll have to check them.out thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo