Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Family picture

mjbok

Reaction score
I know many of the people here (and on the related boards for other manufacturers) have multiple drones. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a "family" picture of multiple drones in the air. I was thinking of doing this, but wondered (other than running into each other) if there is any danger of losing control because of multiple in the air at the same time. This would be done with them barely off the ground with the picture taken by my spare Typhoon. Think like this:

Typhoon H
Karma O Evo
\|/
Spark | Air
/ \
Original Phantom (on ground)

Is this just a bad idea (for multiple reasons)?

Sorry for cross posting, but figured I would get input for the experts across platforms.

I know many of the people here (and on the related boards for other manufacturers) have multiple drones. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a "family" picture of multiple drones in the air. I was thinking of doing this, but wondered (other than running into each other) if there is any danger of losing control because of multiple in the air at the same time. This would be done with them barely off the ground with the picture taken by my spare Typhoon. Think like this:

Typhoon H
Karma O Evo
\|/
Spark | Air
/ \

Sorry for cross posting, but figured I would get input for the experts across platforms.

This is a GREAT idea... And if it went horribly wrong, it would make an awfully entertaining clip. I doubt they'd chop you to bits... But it could be one of those "how to throw away X amount of dollars" videos you see every now an then... Or a "Don't be Danny Drone" FAA video.

I figured that I could have each of them on a different vertical plane (read nothing directly above or below another drone) and on a horizontal plane they would be at least 10 feet apart. I think putting them in place would be doable, the hardest part would be taking it down (due to orientation). What I had planned was after I was done I would take the highest drone straight up, out, and then down. Repeat with the next highest.

I think it could be a really cool picture, but I don't want to wreck anything for the sake of a cool picture.

Reactions: UnRanged
RF interference would be my biggest worry... But my EVO sits in one spot like it was nailed there in mid-air... I'd trust it to hover quietly in one spot while I put the others in place.
It would definately make a great "Family "photo.

Typhoon H
Karma O Evo
\|/
Spark | Air
/ \

You would need to be worried about the Karma and Typhoon because they aren't as stable as the others. Other than that, I don't think there would be any problems as long as you dont put them too close to each other and keep the controllers a little distance away from each other.

You would need to be worried about the Karma and Typhoon because they aren't as stable as the others. Other than that, I don't think there would be any problems as long as you dont put them too close to each other and keep the controllers a little distance away from each other.

The Karma def. has the most drift of any of them as far as I've noticed. I probably would fake it by having each of them a few feet forward, a few feet back, so they're not directly in line on either a horizontal or vertical plane.

Reactions: UnRanged
The Karma def. has the most drift of any of them as far as I've noticed. I probably would fake it by having each of them a few feet forward, a few feet back, so they're not directly in line on either a horizontal or vertical plane.

You have to video it too tho. I'm betting it'll be like trying to get 5 puppies to sit for a staged photo... But with more spinning props and higher blood pressure.

Reactions: mixchief
That poor guy could only fly his quadcopter in close proximity line of sight because I don't think they had Android phones or iPhones back then to use with FPV.

The karma could just power off in mid air and destroy itself. This is a common issue with karma drones.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain