Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Part 107 Registration - UPDATE!!

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
For those FAA Part 107 holders who are updating their registrations or are registering a NEW aircraft you may notice that the FAA DroneZone portal has been updated to incorporate Remote ID information. The update requires a registrant to indicate if their drone is Remote ID equipped or not.

Currently, there are NO drones which are equipped with Remote ID. Although there are blogs and other sources which may claim differently, the FAA has not approved any Means of Compliance (MOC) for Remote ID at this time.

If a registrant selects 'Yes' to the Remote ID equipped question, they will be required to enter additional information, including a serial number. The serial number needed is NOT the drone's serial number, rather, it's the Remote ID serial number (which doesn't exist). Entering the drone's serial number will not be accepted and not allow the drone to be registered.

(Borrowed from our UAS Liaison at the FAA)

Thanks. I just got my drone today and was registering it and got to that question. Its an Evo II V2 6K. So if I answer "no" to the remote ID question, what are the consequences of that? I am Part 107.

Thanks. I just got my drone today and was registering it and got to that question. Its an Evo II V2 6K. So if I answer "no" to the remote ID question, what are the consequences of that? I am Part 107.

Well, as of right now there are no RID Compliant aircraft so your answer has to be NO. Also if you answer YES it's going to require the RID Serial # and since those aren't issued yet that authorization will fail resulting in no Registration.

Select NO under RID and we'll worry about the rest of it sometime next year or later :)

Reactions: Dave Pitman
I currently own a commercial registered Autel drone - I cannot operate drone because my 4 batteries cannot be charged and Autel Washington State does not and will not
support replacing these batteries. So - I am contemplating purchasing another drone -- not from Autel--. How do I go about replace my currently registered Autel with
FAA with new drone?
Maverick

I currently own a commercial registered Autel drone - I cannot operate drone because my 4 batteries cannot be charged and Autel Washington State does not and will not
support replacing these batteries. So - I am contemplating purchasing another drone -- not from Autel--. How do I go about replace my currently registered Autel with
FAA with new drone?
Maverick

You go to DroneZone, and log into your account. Then go to Part 107 Dashboard > Inventory and click on the 3-dots at the end. Select CANCEL to remove the UAS from Inventory.

Then click on Add Device to begin the Registration process for new one. You can't "transfer" the registration.

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy