Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo vs Mavic Zoom

aed1980

Reaction score
coming from a mavic zoom, ditched dji because of geofencing. But i honestly miss dji! horizon tilt(yes, i calibrated gymbal many times) evo doesn't fly straight (calibrated remote many times), i bought the evo hype but honestly im really disappointed! only positive is that you can put it in the air, much faster than any dji

Have you tried updating the firmware? If so i'd contact Autel to see what the problem is. Their customer service is very good.

Reactions: aed1980
firmware updated! just contacted autel, but im really disappointed!
I can absolutely understand that. Seems like a few had the same issue so i'm sure Autel will come through for you. How long have you had it and where did you get it? Maybe you can even exchange it if you're still within the time frame. It really is a good bird once it's running right as far as I can see with most of the owners.

AED...I agree with Tufargon...no problems here with horizon or flying straight.
RTH flys back arrow straight for me !
Try re-calibrating on a Level surface.
Also make sure you are using your sticks properly. If you are not pulling/pushing the stick straight
the EVO will track crooked

On the odd occassion l have seen a little horizon tilt, l just pan left and right then up and down on camera angle. I have only had to do this twice in 9 months. All other times, no problems at all. Did you start it up at any time with the gimbal cover on? Just asking. It can be overlooked sometimes.

coming from a mavic zoom, ditched dji because of geofencing. But i honestly miss dji! horizon tilt(yes, i calibrated gymbal many times) evo doesn't fly straight (calibrated remote many times), i bought the evo hype but honestly im really disappointed! only positive is that you can put it in the air, much faster than any dji
There are some issues with the EVO compared to Mavics, but flying straight and a level horizon should not be among them! Mine flies straight and level. Geofencing on all Mavics is easily removable. PM me if that is your only issue.

Compared to my Mavic pro the evo seems like a more solid, powerful drone that does have a little more drift and less ability to stay in flight no matter what but it feels reliable to me.

Geofencing easily removable? That is my biggest issue with Mavic. How can I get instructions to remove geofencing on my Mavic Pro?

If you google a company called coptersafe they remove geo fencing, max out your speed etc, remove height limits and all that. I don’t endorse flying higher than legal limit but the speed maxed out seems cool

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy